Location: US-based position (Work from home office or Oracle Campus in your area)
We’re looking for an energetic, positive and creative communications manager to join our HR Communications team.
- Do you have a track record of creating internal communications strategies, campaigns and deliverables that engage employees and deliver business results?
- Do you know how to connect with employees in compelling and meaningful ways to influence attitudes and perceptions and drive actionable change?
- Are you obsessed with message alignment and connecting the dots to continually put things in context of the business strategy?
- Do you use data, insights and user input to inform your strategies, messaging and program design?
- Are you constantly pushing yourself to come up with new and better ways to engage with your audiences and get your message across?
Our team works on strategic HR communications programs that support Oracle’s business transformation, including evolving Oracle’s employee experience. Our efforts help to drive clarity, engagement and alignment on key initiatives related to onboarding, career development, leadership and manager effectiveness, talent strategy, learning, employee listening, HR technology implementations, HR process and policy changes, and corporate strategy.
We also roll up our sleeves and manage the communications fundamentals, including editing newsletters, creating distribution lists, putting content into templates and handling ad-hoc requests for emails, PowerPoint support…you know the drill.
Our work is having a strategic impact on Oracle’s business and our 140,000+ employees around the world. We primarily focus on our internal employee, manager and senior leader audiences, but our communications efforts also reach audiences outside of Oracle on a global basis.
Oracle is going through some exciting changes as we transform our business to be the undisputable cloud leader. It’s an environment that rewards excellence, collaboration and resourcefulness. Our team is focused on adding value and we leverage the combined strengths of the team and our internal partners to do that.
If you are a seasoned communications manager with proven writing, messaging and content creation, project management and strategic planning skills and this description resonates with you deeply, we would love to hear from you.
- Consults with internal customers and stakeholders to clearly understand business objectives and identifies the audience behavioral outcomes needed to address those objectives.
- Applies design-thinking approach and engages with key audiences to deeply understand them and involve them in the input and design processes to deliver engaging and effective experiences.
- Seeks and interprets qualitative and quantitative input to understand audience and stakeholder motivations and preferences.
- Creates and executes on internal (employee) and external (marketing) communications strategies, plans and tactics that effectively address business objectives by influencing and driving audience behavior.
- Crafts engaging messaging, storylines and content for a variety of communications media and channels, including email, articles, social media, presentations, events, video, web, and collateral, for both US and OUS (outside US) markets
- Manages design and development of high-impact communications deliverables, websites, and campaigns.
- Analyzes effectiveness of communications efforts, improves existing processes and researches new communication approaches.
- Stays current on business and HR strategy, market context, competitive landscape, and communications best practices.
- Collaborates with other communications team members and cross-functional colleagues and leaders to ensure communications are cohesive and convey a consistent story across global audiences.
- Advises and influences others on effective communication best practices.
- Performs other duties, special projects and responsibilities, as required and directed.
- Outstanding writing skills for both internal and external audiences across communications channels/media with the ability to engage audiences and drive action
- Expertise in developing and implementing global communications strategies with impactful positioning, messaging and tactics, including websites, webinars, videos, social engagement and other online and offline tactics, that effectively deliver on communications and business objectives
- Demonstrated creativity and thought leadership in developing new and motivating approaches to internal communications
- Ability to develop effective business relationships at all levels of the company, including direct engagement with senior leaders and executives
- Ability to work on multiple project streams, assimilate content and context to get up to speed on new projects quickly, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
- Self-directed with the ability to effectively achieve stakeholder buy-in and move projects forward
- Excellent follow-through, follow-up and time management skills
- Change agility – driving change, as well as sensing and responding to change
- Budget and project management skills
- Experience developing messaging that resonates with non-English speakers or in non-US markets and/or expertise or knowledge from doing work in markets outside the US
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or other associated field of study
- At least 8 years of progressive responsibility in marketing and/or internal communications, in either a corporate environment or agency (some agency experience is preferred)
- B2B, high-tech experience is preferred
- Knowledge of Oracle’s products, product strategy, and business practices is a plus
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Development of communication programs to promote Oracle*s products and services.
Integrate advertising into the marketing campaigns, exercising judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques for best practice / creative solution. As a recognized authority and leading contributor maintain regular interface between the division and Corporate. Plan and manage pan-geography corporate and local campaign media plans. Plan, manage and implement corporate and local campaign advertising creative. Manage tier 2 local advertising and arrange sign off with Corporate. Integrate all advertising across the communications mix. Maintain and communicate brand advertising guidelines. Oversee partner advertising. Develop and manage brand communications audit. Measure advertising effectiveness.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8 years relevant work experience. A proven track record in advertising across line-of-business and/or geography as an account manager, with experience of creative production and media buying.
Find jobs & extra-cash gigs faster! Like our Facebook page and see our job posts immediately. Just check your news feed. Enjoy!
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=269507 →