by Chris Durst Sep. 19, 2017
Calm. Patient. Soothing… if these words describe you, you could be ideal in this role! 😉
Direct Interactions is hiring Customer Service Representatives for Parking Information & Enforcement. In this role, you will be handling a high volume of incoming phone calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets.
In the case of unpaid parking tickets the motorists’ vehicle has been immobilized and they must contact the call center and pay to mobilize their vehicle. Agents on this program have the ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations while providing accurate information to upset callers. Agents must be able to handle and resolve customer complaints.
Note: According to their site, they are currently NOT hiring in HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA or D.C.
In their words:
Pay Rate: $11 per hour (Bilingual Spanish offers a pay rate of $12 per hour once certified on all cities …) We promote from within- all supervisors and managers began in this Tier 1 role. Bonuses can exceed $1,000 per quarter (good attendance required) and are tracked real time in your agent dashboard. Earn an additional $1-2 per hour picking up “hot shifts” (Typically during busy business hours Monday-Thursday. Not always available)
Shifts: Program hours are currently 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. Agents must be available 30 hours each week Monday through Friday between 4am and 7pm Pacific Time due to Client demand.. More availability is welcome and additional hours may be scheduled at the discretion of the Client Services Director. Actual hours scheduled will depend on client needs, agent performance and adherence to schedule.
- Politely answering calls and processing payments
- Quickly and accurately dispense information to motorists
- Dispute resolution
- Show empathy towards motorists
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Accurate and legible data entry
- Be knowledgeable of HelpCenter policies and software- CRM, phone system etc.
- Complete assigned tasks from supervisors and others
- Additional duties not listed
- Legally Able to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a virtual, work at home call center required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- At least 1 year experience in a high stress call center environment (brick and mortar or virtual). Examples include: Collections, 911 dispatch/operator, taking calls for fraud line, roadside assistance.
Summary of Essential Skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills including grammar and voice quality
- Ability to remain poised under pressure for back to back calls
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with customer, show empathy for their frustrations or concerns and resolve the issue in a timely fashion
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Ability to show resilience and tolerance to stress
- Treat all callers, technicians and coworkers in a professional manner at all times
- Documentation, data entry, organization and problem solving skills are desirable
- Ability to handle detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of e-mail and Microsoft Windows. Agents are responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting their own computers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Function comfortably in a performance based call center where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!