by Chris Durst May 18, 2021
Nielsen, the company that is best known for their work gathering ratings information for TV and radio, is hiring Field Representatives across the US.
According to Indeed.com, “Average Nielsen Field Representative yearly pay in the United States is approximately $43,918.”
Payscale.com notes a higher rate of $48,438.
Benefits begin on the first day of employment. Tablet, home printer, cell phone and company car included.
Here’s what the company has to say about these roles:
“Nielsen is known for our work in TV and Radio Ratings. Since 1923, we have studied consumers in more than 100 countries. We give a complete view of trends and habits worldwide on what people watch, listen to and buy.
Being a Nielsen Field Representative allows you to make your friends with boring jobs jealous and work with the best because no company in the world knows more about consumers than Nielsen. That means you never stop learning because our world is your classroom.
The Nielsen Field Representative position provides the opportunity to combine technical aptitude with outstanding people skills while working a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekend hours. Field Representatives are available to take customer calls and are responsible for maintaining a designated customer base of up to 100 Nielsen Families/Households.
What does a Field Representative do?
Field Representatives build and maintain relationships with Nielsen Families/Households and educate Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Representatives install, maintain and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture three screen audience measurements – Mobile, Online, and TV.
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Install Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle
- Identify problems and troubleshoot data/equipment
- Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit necessary audience data
- Respond to calls from assigned Nielsen Families/Households and ensure equipment is maintained and operating effectively
- Prioritize, schedule and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines in assigned territory
- Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary software
- Educate and coach Panel Members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment
- Negotiate and maintain cooperation of Panel Members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Position requires bending and lifting television sets.
- Ability to work in non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics. software systems and networking knowledge
- Superior customer service skills and ability to connect with Nielsen Families
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate’s degree or military experience is a plus
- Bilingual language skills are a plus
What does the benefits package include?
Our comprehensive benefits package is effective day 1 of employment. That’s right– We provide you with full benefits on your first day of work. We are happy to offer you various health and well-being benefits, unlimited career potential, top-of-the-line training, paid time off, and a company car to just name a few.
- Extensive paid sales training program. May require travel in various markets for training – lodging and transportation included
- Competitive compensation that includes annual base salary, performance-based bonus plan Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance saving you as much as $8,000 per year
- Laptop, home printer, and cell phone with your monthly talk and data service provided
- 401(k) Plan with company match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off to encourage time for you to find balance, rest, and re-energize: 10 vacation days, 6 personal days, 7 company holidays, 10 sick days, maternity leave (12 weeks) and paternity leave (12 weeks)
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. Just scroll down to view pages to see if your area is listed. (If your location isn’t listed, bookmark and check back often. Nielsen recruits for these positions regularly.) For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!