by Chris Durst Jan. 23, 2023
These jobs filled quickly the last time we posted them – Apply or share ASAP if interested!
Unum is currently seeking Work from Home Customer Benefit Advisors in the Eastern and Central Time Zones.
Minimum starting base pay $41,600.
No college required. Benefits appear to be comprehensive.
If you’d like to work from home for a larger, established company, this might be a fit.
Here’s what the company has to say about the job:
When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout life’s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. To enable this, we provide:
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Competitive benefits package
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
- And that’s just the beginning…
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether you’re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
Minimum starting base pay is $41,600
The Customer Benefit Advisor (CBA) I is the first step in a two-level career path. A CBA I is the critical first point of contact for our customers.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service for up to four lines of business serviced by Unum/Colonial life. It is critical to provide accurate information on benefits, claims, and or policy administration with minimal operational oversight. You will also be tasked with compiling information for multiple product types, from multiple systems, and providing responses to customers that are thorough, clear, and concise. All work is carefully performed according to established protocols/procedures. While service is focused on our external customers, you will also be responsible for creating detailed/appropriate documentation for our internal cross-functional business partners.
In addition to providing excellent customer service in accordance with established standards, you will also demonstrate contributions aligned with Contact Center key performance indicators. To be successful you will need to demonstrate individual metrics (i.e. accuracy, post-call surveys, average handle time, after call work, etc.) that are in line with pre-set expectations and drive results for the Customer Contact Center.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the customers’ go-to person by being there, on time, ready to help them via multiple avenues of communication with timely and accurate information regarding policy and coverage-related questions.
- Meet or exceed company goals and metrics to guarantee the best experience for customers.
- Be open and motivated by feedback and guidance to be at your best for customers.
- Protect customers’ privacy and reassure them with empathy and professionalism.
- Be available to work a regularly assigned shift between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm Eastern time.
- Reliable attendance in accordance with contact center attendance guidelines.
- Successfully complete all required training without missing any content.
- Ability to obtain information from multiple systems and relay to customers in a seamless manner.
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are Unum value statements.
- May serve as a certified mentor, as needed
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of customer service experience preferred.
- Highschool diploma or GED required.
- Successful completion of Unum’s Contact Center training program, including demonstrating phone proficiency, and passing required knowledge checks.
- A passion for helping customers and exceeding their expectations with high integrity.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to tailor styles to the audience
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, structured environment and answering numerous inquiries for customers at their greatest time of need.
- Strong computer and multi-tasking skills as well as the ability to confidently work in multiple systems with dual monitors.
- Familiarity with Microsoft applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to continually learn and grow.
- An excellent work ethic and ability to adapt and work successfully in a continually changing environment.
- Dependability – being there when needed by teammates and customers.
- Comfortable with video communications via MS Teams throughout the day to communicate with teammates and leadership face to (virtual) face.
Work from home requirements:
- Must be located in Eastern and Central Standard Time Zones.
- Access to a desk, chair, and a dedicated workspace, free from distractions.
- Strong and reliable internet speed, with speeds of 25 MB download, 5 MB upload. (DSL, Wireless, Satellite, or 5G, are not an option for this position.) You will be required to provide proof of a speed test between the hours of 8am ET – 8pm ET.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels![social_warfare]