by Chris Durst June 25, 2018
American Express has made a job posting for Virtual Collections Specialists.
Currently hiring in the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
The company offers a generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will help you achieve your professional goals.
Pay is not listed, but AMEX wages are always very competitive and, in this role, there is “lucrative uncapped monthly bonus potential.”
Here’s what they have to say about the role:
“As a Collections Specialist, you will:
- This position will be working virtually from home
- Handle high volume inbound/outbound calls on past due accounts in an auto dialer environment
- Negotiate, collect and resolve accounts using persuasive communication skills and a consultative approach to encourage future card usage.
- Utilize your negotiation and influencing abilities by offering our Small Business and Consumer customer’s solutions using products and services from the American Express portfolio.
- Handle calls in a timely and efficient manner while following established credit procedures
Stay within acceptable performance standards and quality goals
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
- A top performer with a proven track record of success
- An individual with both a competitive and strong will to win attitude
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a consultative client facing environment
- Proven problem solving and decision making
- Strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced metrics driven environment
- Extremely adaptable in a changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working from a home office as part of a virtual team
- Commercial and consumer sales experience
- Financial service/collections and/or risk industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Require the ability to work between the hours of 5am to 12am any day of the week
- Weekend shifts required, including some holidays, schedules are subject to change based on business need
- Schedules will be full time (40 hours weekly)
- This is a virtual work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL) please review our careers site for positions located onsite at one of these centers.
- Current American Express colleagues are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time
- A secure home office, free from background noise or other distractions
Additional System Requirements:
- American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated telephone and internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area.
The requirement are:
- Dedicated and separate high speed internet with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds or higher with wired cable connection (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- The computer and telephone line should only be used for American Express business purposes
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP-voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g. Magic Jack, Vonage and services like these are not permitted)
- Phone modem preferred (vs. a wall jack) where available
In the event there is no American Express approved provider in your area but there is a provider that can offer the appropriate connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100.00 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the cost of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.”
Click here to learn more and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!