by Chris Durst Nov. 28, 2017
American Express is hiring Full-Time Virtual Platinum Customer Care Professionals. With paid virtual training, you’ll take incoming calls from American Express customers for general and account-specific questions.
These jobs are very popular, offering a combo of pay, benefits, equipment, etc., that many folks like.
Hiring from all states except CA, AK and HI.
Pay: While AMEX has not listed pay in their job post, Glassdoor indicates, “The typical American Express Platinum Customer Care Professional salary is $21. Platinum Customer Care Professional salaries at American Express can range from $18-$23. This estimate is based upon 8 American Express Platinum Customer Care Professional salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods.” However, the company hasn’t confirmed these figures, so they aren’t official.
Here’s what American Express has to say about this job:
“If you are passionate about serving customers, results driven and interested in working for a world-class global brand, then the American Express Platinum Customer Care Professional position may be an ideal fit for you. As a Platinum Customer Care Professional, you serve as the voice of the American Express brand. You have the opportunity to make a meaningful difference in the lives of customers. Our unique servicing philosophy, Relationship Care®, puts your passion to serve – and your personality – at the center of every customer interaction, creating an opportunity to deliver value to our customers while deepening relationships with our company.
American Express Platinum Customer Care Professionals deliver extraordinary care by promptly and accurately responding to customer inquiries. Customer Care Professionals strive to make it easy to do business with us, solving customer issues, while celebrating their value to us.
As a Platinum Customer Care Professional, you will be responsible for evaluating and analyzing account information and recommending tailored solutions to our customers, reinforcing the benefits of membership by providing relevant offers that deepen customer engagement with our products and services.
What would you do every day as a Platinum Customer Care Professional?
- Deliver extraordinary service by following our Relationship Care® philosophy: tailoring unique solutions for each customer, reinforcing the benefits of card membership, providing relevant offers that deepen customer engagement and result in measurable value for our card members
- Use tools and resources to identify creative solutions and anticipate customer needs, in our commitment to maintain a first point of contact resolution
- Meet performance goals that include, but are not limited to, customer survey results, average call handle time, schedule adherence, quality and Compliance standards
- Successfully complete a 15-week on-the-job training course; 100% attendance required during the training period; training schedule dependent on shift selected at offer
What’s in it for you…
- Competitive starting pay
- Monthly performance-based incentives, over and above your base pay
- Flexible, non-traditional schedules available
- Generous benefits package from day one of employment: tuition assistance, retirement programs and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- Paid training, to be completed from your home office on company-provided equipment
*Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.*
Are you a Fit? Do you…
- Have a minimum of 3-5 years of customer service experience with a passion for building customer loyalty through exceptional listening, relationship building, and strong written and verbal communication
- Understand the importance of managing sensitive card member information with integrity
- Possess the relevant experience of successfully interacting with customers; phone support preferred
- Actively listen and identify both spoken and unspoken needs
- Adapt your communication style to a wide variety of personalities and situations
- Commit to implementing feedback as a means to achieving individual and team performance goals
- Have the resilience needed to efficiently manage a steady stream of customer calls, while balancing performance to meet a variety of metrics
- Have a passion for consultative sales, recommending products or solutions tailored to each customer
- Have the technical savvy to multi-task and navigate through multiple Windows-based applications with speed and accuracy
- Value timeliness and reliability, as it is imperative you are at work on time and adhere to your schedule each day
- Have the flexibility to work any day of the week; the department is open 365 days a year from 6am-1am EST
This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ, Salt Lake City, UT or Sunrise, FL), please review our Careers site for positions located onsite at one of these centers. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time.
American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated telephone and Internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area. The requirements are as follows:
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet, with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds: DSL or Cable (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP – voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g., Magic Jack, Vonage, etc.); phone modem preferred (vs. a wall jack), where available
In the event there is no American Express-approved provider in your area, but there is a provider that offers the appropriate cable or DSL connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the costs of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
- Residence in one of 47 states where we currently hire (all U.S. states, with the exceptions of California, Alaska and Hawaii)”
Click here to learn more about this position and to apply. For more jobs like this, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about the jobs we post, just like our Facebook page and check your feed. We’ll hope to add your name to our “We Got Hired!“ posts soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!