by Chris Durst Aug. 7, 2018
You’ve probably seen some of the many posts we’ve made about travel-related jobs at American Express. Perhaps you’ve thought you’d love to do this kind of work, but you didn’t have the qualifications to apply.
We have great news for you!
American Express has just posted details of their virtual “Travel Career Program.” That’s right! They will train you to become a Travel Agent and, better still, YOU’LL GET PAID DURING TRAINING!
Once you complete the training, you’ll be ready to work for American Express as a Travel Consultant/Customer Service.
Here’s what the company has to say:
“Get a first-class start to your travel industry career. If you have a natural flair for exceptional customer service, an aptitude for learning and a true passion for travel, this role is for you. With an intensive 12-week, paid training and mentoring program, here’s your chance to become a highly skilled Travel Consultant. Are you up for the challenge to join a leader in the travel industry?
From learner to leader, see the bigger picture.
Once you’ve completed the training, you will be ready to take whatever travel request comes your way in our customer contact center:
- You will delight our Premium Card Members with unforgettable and unexpected experiences
- As a consultant, you will refine understanding by asking personalized fact finding questions
- If you are not a travel expert yet, you will know where to look to find the information you need
- You will research, plan and execute customized travel experiences, through booking domestic and international flights, car and/or hotel travel arrangements
- You will always put the Card Member’s experience at the forefront of everything you do, reinforcing the WOW and winning their loyalty
What you need to thrive
- Proven ability to provide extraordinary customer service
- Experience servicing customers ideally in travel, hospitality, high-end customer service or sales roles
- A passion for building customer loyalty by carefully listening, building rapport and providing extraordinary customer care, using strong written and verbal communication skills
- Natural consultative skills, with the ability to offer confident recommendations
- Excellent geography knowledge likely gained by being travel curious or through time spent exploring the world
- The resilience and composure to remain positive under pressure and constantly-evolving circumstances
- Confident computer skills are vital as you’ll be using multiple tools and systems daily
- The flexibility to work shifts, including nights and weekends”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs and gigs like these, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page, and check your feed for our posts.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!