By Mike Haaren – Co-Founder, Rat Race Rebellion – Nov. 1, 2018
If you’re a college student, or you know one, Noom is looking for p/t Virtual Health Coaches, no experience necessary. Pays $18/hr., no state hiring restrictions mentioned.
Noom’s popular apps — the company says 40M have been downloaded worldwide — help people lose weight. Virtual Health Coaches help people online and sometimes over the phone to stay on track to lose weight.
Health Coach reviews on Glassdoor give the company 4.4 stars out of 5, which is higher than most companies we see. Doesn’t mean it will be a fit for everyone, but it’s a good overall yardstick.
Here’s what the company says about the job:
What you’ll do:
- Work on our coverage team (like a substitute teacher) to ensure the team is adequately staffed at all times on the weekends
- Provide virtual 1:1 coaching (virtually and sometimes over the phone) to users struggling to develop new health habits.
- Work with virtual groups of people to prevent or manage chronic conditions by facilitating healthful lifestyle modifications
- Pilot experimental coaching protocols and techniques as a part of a test-driven environment
- Help pioneer, with the help of the Coaching team, innovative ways to merge behavior change with technology
- Motivate, guide, and help our users navigate through their programs successfully
- Make sure everyone in your groups is happy, motivated and on track to meet their wellness goals
Who you are:
- You have received, or are in the process of receiving a Bachelor’s degree or higher, or have 2000 hours of related wellness experience (sports medicine, nutrition, psychology personal coaching, etc.)
- You thrive in a fast-paced and occasionally hectic environment.
- You are very tech-savvy, and are excited by fast-paced change and creative problem solving
- You are EXTREMELY organized and are a self-starter
- You love guiding people to reach their goals
- You are passionate about health and wellness
- You love understanding people– using qualitative and quantitative means
- Background in psychology and/or nutrition is a plus.
- Behavioral health science students welcome! This is a great part-time opportunity to supplement your studies.
This is a Part Time Weekend Position and you must be able to work Full Days Both on Sat and Sun. There is an opportunity to work “up to” an additional 13 hours during the week for a total of 29 hours per week.
To go to the job listing and to apply, click here. For more jobs and gigs like this, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. Good luck in your next steps!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!