by Chris Durst Apr. 27, 2017
HURRY! Jobs with AMEX fill quickly!
American Express has a wonderful work from home program and, as an employee, you’ll enjoy a generous benefits package, tuition reimbursement, retirement programs, along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
The company just posted an opening for Collections Specialists that does NOT require a college education.
Currently hiring in the following states: Alabama , Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
Here’s how they describe the role:
As a Collections Specialist, you will;
- Handle high-volume inbound/outbound calls on past due high balance accounts in a dialer environment.
- Negotiate, collect and resolve accounts using persuasive communication skills and a consultative approach to encourage future card usage.
- Utilize your negotiation and influencing abilities by offering our Small Business and Consumer customers’ solutions using products and services from the American Express Portfolio.
- Handle calls in a timely and efficient manner while following established credit procedures.
- Stay within acceptable performance standards and quality goals.
- A top performer with a proven track record of success
- An individual with both a competitive and strong will to win attitude
- Minimum 1 year experience in a consultative client facing environment
- Proven problem solving and decision making
- Strong oral communication skills
- Demonstrated resiliency in a fast paced, metrics driven environment
- Extremely adaptable in a changing environment
- Proficiency in MS Office environment
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working from a home office as part of a virtual team
- Commercial and consumer sales experience
- Financial services/collections and/or risk industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Require the ability to work between the hours of 5am – 12am any day of the week
- Weekend shifts required, including some holidays, schedules are subject to change based on business needs
- Schedules will be full time and 40 hours weekly
- This is a virtual, work from home position. If you live within 35 miles of one of our service centers (Phoenix, AZ or Sunrise, FL) please review our careers site for positions located onsite at one of these centers. Current American Express employees are not eligible to move from an onsite position to a Home Based position at this time [NOTE from RRR: Don’t misunderstand this point. You do NOT have to live in Phoenix or Sunrise, it means if you do live in those areas, you’ll have to work on-site.]
- A secure home office free from background noise or other distractions
Additional System Requirements:
American Express will cover the connection cost and monthly fees for dedicated telephone and internet service from an American Express approved provider in your area. The requirements are:
- Dedicated and separate high-speed Internet with at least 10 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload speeds or higher with wired cable connection (no wireless or satellite ISPs allowed)
- The computer and telephone line should only be used for American Express business purposes
- Dedicated and separate analog landline phone (no VOIP- voice over internet protocol) for training and production calls. (e.g. Magic Jack, Vonage, and services like these are not permitted.) Phone modem preferred (vs. a wall jack) where available
In the event there is no American Express approved provider in your area, but there is a provider that can offers the appropriate connections, American Express would also make available a one-time reimbursement of up to $100 for any set up fees you incur with your provider. You would also receive a monthly allowance on the first paycheck of each month to help cover the costs of these services. You will be required to locate a provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!