by Chris Durst Jan. 26, 2018
Tax season is upon us and LiveOps is actively seeking hundreds of Customer Service Reps to handle incoming calls from Turbo Tax users.
This is an independent contractor role and YOU are the missing piece in a business-to-business-to-business relationship.
As an independent contractor, you ARE your own business. LiveOps becomes YOUR client when they contract YOU to service THEIR client – in this case, that’s Intuit/Turbo Tax.
Business (you) to Business (LiveOps) to Business (Intuit/Turbo Tax)
By the way, there are some great benefits to being an independent contractor – check out our video on the differences between being an employee and an independent contractor.
Here’s what they have to say about the role:
“Do you have a passion for consistently delighting customers?
We currently have openings for independent agents interested in a Customer Support focused role, supporting Intuit’s Turbo Tax desktop software. You will be assisting callers with a wide range of product support questions, including but not limited to software troubleshooting to basic tax filing questions.
- Research, navigate, and locate answers from webpages/resources independently while engaging the customer.
- Use your analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills in combination with your troubleshooting and problem-solving knowledge.
- Demonstrate a sincere desire to assist the customer and put the customer’s needs first.
How much can you invoice?
- Independent contractors earn money in a variety of ways. This opportunity pays for time spent talking on the phone. The talk-time rate is $0.32 cents per minute.
- Calls are available 7 days a week, 8am – 12am ET with peak scheduling availability between 3pm – 9pm ET.
- Interested agents should have the flexibility to self-schedule 40 commits per week, the equivalent of 20 hours a week during the available hours. This will be a requirement in the Statement of Work for this client.
Technology needed for success
- Internet Speed- Download/Upload of 5Mbps/3Mbps
PC Hardware Requirements:
- Processor Model: Intel i5 650
- Processor Speed: 3.20 GHz
- Memory Standard: DDR3-1333/PC3-10600
- Processor Type: Core i5
- Memory: 4GB
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- Internet Explorer version 8.0 or higher (128-bit encryption required)
- Latest versions of Firefox, Chrome, Safari
- Application to replicate a printing environment (PDF or emulator)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 8.0 or higher
- Current version of Adobe Flash and Java and ability to update them if needed
- Microsoft Office (2003 or later)
- Cisco Jabber
- Current Anti-Virus software
- Launch package: Security permissions to allow product installation, ability to print, CD ROMs, etc.
This client is looking for independent contractors with the following skills:
- Minimum of one-year customer service experience.
- Six months’ experience of providing support for either computer software or hardware.
- Familiarity with operating systems, both Windows OS and Mac OS versions.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn the Turbo Tax software and the client’s techniques and processes.
- Ability to provide detailed notes in the client’s system.
- Commitment to personal high standards proven by excellent adherence to your self-selected schedule.
- Willingness to use a personal smart phone to complete a verification for access to the client systems.
Application and certification process
Interested agents should apply online. If your application is accepted, you will be invited to become an independent contractor with Liveops and provide services to Intuit. The application to provide support on the Intuit contract requires completion of an Intuit required assessment, voice audition, and a technology check. . This invitation is contingent upon you signing the Intuit Statement of Work, ordering, paying for, and passing a background and credit check, and completing all certification requirements. All required application steps must be completed by January 31, 2018.
This certification is a combination of self-paced eLearning courses, live virtual classroom learning sessions, and Readiness Assessments conducted via conference call. The certification takes approximately 35 hours of self-directed e-learning and 9 required live sessions of 3 hours per day, during which time your business must adhere to the certification schedule and attend all required virtual classroom learning sessions. The certification class will begin, February 12, 2018.”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!