by Chris Durst Dec. 15, 2017
Work from Home Jobs – Entry Level Customer Service Specialists
Unum is one of the world’s leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company. They help protect more than 25 million working people and their families in the event of illness or injury.
The company has openings for “East Coast Remote Customer Service Specialists I” and they describe the role as an “entry level position.”
The job is open to applicants who live in the Eastern or Central time zone.
Here’s what they have to say:
As a Customer Service Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for our customers and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences as you act in the best interest of the customer; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity. Customer issue resolution is a priority and we strive to resolve issues on the first call. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and work with multiple system applications and administrative processes, as you ensure a seamless experience for our external customers and internal business partners. This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
- Follow documented processes/workflow while looking for ways to reduce customer effort
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals
- Accurately navigate through various system platforms
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
- Share process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
- Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the drive to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency essential
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in East or Central Time Zone
- Must be serviceable by a broadband cable internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
“Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like this, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be rocking your Rebellion soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!