Oct. 7, 2020 12:06PM – UPDATE: As noted, these positions fill quickly and the listing has now been deactivated on the Amazon site. THEY OFTEN REOPEN THE LISTINGS once they have had a chance to process the first batch of applicants. STAY TUNED — we’ll let you know if they reopen applications for this position!!
by Chris Durst Oct. 7, 2020
These jobs with Amazon usually fill FAST, so APPLY and SHARE today!
It’s that time of year again! Amazon has posted openings for Full-Time Seasonal Virtual Customer Care Associates.
They are hiring from the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
If you do not live in one of these states, do someone a favor and share with friends and family who do!
Pay is $15/hour and overtime is paid at 1.5x the base rate.
Here’s what Amazon has posted about this opportunity:
“As a candidate, you must live in one of the following states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
This Seasonal position requires a full-time schedule that that will vary. This includes a required average of 40 hours worked per-week on varying days (Sunday – Saturday) and shifts (morning, afternoon, evenings, overnights and potential split shifts). These hours worked may increase up to 60 hours worked per-week for short periods during Peak times.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this goal, Amazon Customer Service is seeking candidates who exemplify Customer Obsession and enjoy problem solving on behalf of others. Our Amazon Leadership Principles are not just words on a screen – they are a driving force in the decisions we make every day. As an Amazon Customer Service Associate (CSA) it is a critical part of our mission to listen to the customer’s needs, deliver timely results, accurate information, personalized resolutions, and maintain our professional environment of supporting all Amazon customers.
- Help a variety of external and internal Amazon customers and drivers by phone, email and chat
- Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively
- Support customers through computer skills by navigating the internet, website, multiple browsers, email, social media, and instant messenger or chat tools
- Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring)
- Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers
- Follow detailed verbal and written instructions
- Provide a work area free of distractions
- Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed
What Does Amazon Need from Me?
- This position requires a full-time schedule that will vary. This includes a required average of 40 hours worked per week on varying days (Sunday – Saturday) and shifts (morning, afternoon, evenings, overnights and potential split shifts).
- These hours worked may increase up to 60 hours worked per week for short periods.
- Ability to change your schedule based on business needs (every 3 weeks), with a two-week advance notice.
- You must have an internet connection with a minimum of 2 mbps download and 1 mbps upload speed from a reliable internet provider (Cable, DSL or Fiber Optic/FiOS providers only). Satellite internet providers cannot be used.
- Your device must be directly connected to router/modem via Ethernet cable. You cannot use a wireless connection.
- Agree to Amazon’s Work from Home Agreement. Please watch our Work from Home Agreement video for more information.
- Amazon provides paid mandatory training and resources for new associates. Please watch our New Hire Training video for more information.
- Associates are measured on several areas including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
- Your mailing address must be current (apartment, suite, etc.) PO Boxes are not supported; a physical address is required for you to receive your equipment.
- Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 per hour
- No Commute – work remotely
- Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
- Employee Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
- A supportive team of leaders and peers
- Gain customer service experience and build your resume
When Should I Apply?
Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next member of our team? Learn more about the requirements below and apply today! The sooner you apply, the earlier your application can be reviewed and considered.
If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Previous customer service experience
- Previous call center experience
- Logical problem-solving skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. If you are have issues getting through:
1. Make sure you are using a laptop or desktop – smartphones don’t work well for job applications
2. Try a different browser (Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, etc.)
3. Refresh your browser (or close and re-launch) and try again in a few minutes.
Be patient and persistent. Unfortunately, we have no control over any company’s hiring process. All we can do is cheer you on and say keep at it! 🙂
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!