by Chris Durst Aug. 14, 2018
GC Services is now hiring work from home Customer Service Reps to handle inbound calls.
Currently, the company is hiring in the following 24 states: AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, NC, ND, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, WY.
Pay is only $9/hour and, yes, we know that’s on the low side. On the other hand, for many people getting a full-time job working from home can make a big difference, and this can be a good “filler” job and resume-builder while you are looking for your ideal job!
Here’s what the company has to say about these roles:
“Provides quality service and information regarding various available products to inbound callers.
- Answer incoming/outgoing telephone calls for GC Clients
- Provide accurate information about client products and services to the caller and educate callers on how to use client products and services
- Handle customer calls, despite the degree of difficulty, in a courteous and business-like fashion.
- Data entry on tracking systems for recording call notes, questions, and suggestions
- Provide excellent quality customer service and other duties as assigned
- Must have basic troubleshooting skills for internet /phone outages
- Must attend regularly scheduled video conferences for team meetings and one on one coaching
- Adhere to Company attendance, punctuality, and meal and rest break requirements
- Maintain concentration and focus in order to meet performance goals
- React positively to an ongoing, changing environment
- Demonstrate the ability to handle pressure when attempting to meet deadlines and performance goals
- Maintain good working relationship with assigned supervisors and coworkers
- Perform additional duties as required by management
Education: High School Diploma or GED is required
Experience: Six months of customer service experience is preferred.
Computer Experience: Must be able to type quickly and accurately, use a mouse effectively, and have a basic understanding of Apple/Mac operating systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Good knowledge of business English, spelling, and punctuation. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in a fast-paced environment, based on limited information.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with customer information.
- Must be able to provide quality customer service and able to work with difficult or abusive customers, on occasion, while still maintaining a strict level of professionalism.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervising personnel and co-workers.
- Ability to remain alert and ready to accept calls, even during periods of low call-volume.
- Ability to project and convey a positive, concerned, and professional image to customers.
- Ability to be adaptable and quickly adjust to change.
- Must be able to conduct data search efficiently and effectively while working within specific time constraints.
- Ability to maintain a well-organized work area
- Must be able to maintain specific level of punctuality and be flexible to work at any time within center hours
- Write in a clear and concise manner
- Manage time effectively
- Solve problems or issues that may come up
- Concentrate and focus for extended periods of time
- Cope with high-stress and changing environment
- Remain alert at all times
- Adhere to policies and procedures
- Adhere to work schedule and punctuality requirements
Work From Home Requirements:
- Have an Internet speed of at least 10 mbps download and 5 mbps uploads
- Must provide a copy of the speed test of your internet from www.speedtest.net
- Have a separate, digital/analog phone line through Century Link, Cox, or any other digital phone service provider, that has no call waiting or added features
- Must have a workspace which is free from outside noise and distractions
- Must agree to reside at your current address for at least 6 months
- Must live in one of the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, NC, ND, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WV, WI, WY
All job offers are contingent upon completion of drug and background checks.”
Click here for the full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!