by Chris Durst Aug. 6, 2018
Nielsen, the company that is best known for their work gathering ratings information for TV and radio, is hiring Field Representatives across the US.
These positions come with a number of great perks, including:
- Comprehensive benefits package effective DAY 1 of employment. We offer unlimited career and high earning potential, top-of-the-line training and other great benefits, including:
- Extensive paid training program; May require travel in various markets for training – lodging and transportation included
- Competitive compensation
- Annual Base Salary
- Performance Based Bonus Plan
- Potential for paid overtime
- Language pay differential to those who qualify
- Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance (save as much as $8,000 per year)
- Tablet, home printer, and cell phone (monthly talk and data service provided)
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off including:
- 3 weeks paid time off in the first year
- 10 sick days per year
- Maternity and Paternity leave
Here’s what the company has to say about these roles:
“Who is Nielsen? We are known for our work in TV and Radio Ratings. Founded in 1923, Nielsen is the global authority on the consumer. We study consumers in more than 100 countries to give a complete view of trends and habits worldwide on what people watch, listen to and buy!
TOP REASONS WHY WORKING AT NIELSEN IS PRETTY AWESOME:
- Make your friends with boring corporate jobs jealous!
- Be the best! – No other company in the world knows more about what consumers watch, listen to and buy!
- Put your whole self in ….. get a whole lot out. Be who you are when you come to work!
- Never stop learning: Our real world is your classroom
- Recognition received for Nielsen’s commitment to excellence and innovation: Diversity Inc, Human Rights Campaign, Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work, and more!
The Nielsen Field Representative position provides the opportunity to combine technical aptitude with outstanding people skills while working a non-traditional schedule including evenings and weekend hours. Field Representatives are available to take customer calls and are responsible for maintaining a designated customer base of up to 100 Nielsen Families/Households.
What does a Field Representative do?
Field Representatives build and maintain relationships with Nielsen Families/Households and educate Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Representatives install, maintain and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture three screen audience measurements – Mobile, Online, and TV.
What does a Field Representative do?
- Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Install Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned Nielsen Families/Households
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle
- Identify problems and troubleshoot data/equipment
- Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit necessary audience data
- Respond to calls from assigned Nielsen Families/Households and ensure equipment is maintained and operating effectively
- Prioritize, schedule and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines in assigned territory
- Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary software
- Educate and coach Panel Members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment
- Negotiate and maintain cooperation of Panel Members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others
The successful candidate will possess the following qualities: Position requires bending and lifting television sets.
- Ability to work in non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics. software systems and networking knowledge
- Superior customer service skills and ability to connect with Nielsen Families
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Computer/Smart Phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Comprehensive background check, including criminal and motor vehicle record required
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
- Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate’s degree or military experience is a plus
- Bilingual language skills are a plus”
Click here for full details and to apply. Just scroll down to and view all pages to see if your area is listed. (If your location isn’t listed, bookmark and check back often. Nielsen recruits for these positions regularly.) For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!