by Chris Durst May 14, 2018
Founded by YouTube makeup star Michelle Phan, ipsy sends monthly beauty product samples in Glam Bags to over 2.5 million subscribers!
Ipsy is advertising again for Customer Care Representatives to handle customer interactions and establish rapport with its engaged community, including social media. It’s hiring from California, New York, Texas and North Carolina.
Here’s what the company has to say about these roles:
“At ipsy, our customers are at the core of everything we do, and we’re committed to providing them with top-notch service. We’re searching for a support representative who is passionate about helping others, who can proactively offer solutions and ideas that will delight our members. This position is responsible for managing sensitive customer interactions, proposing creative solutions, and establishing rapport with our engaged community.
You will be scheduled for our evening shift (12-8pm Pacific), and one weekend shift per week. This position is available to candidates in California, New York, Texas, or North Carolina. Depending on your location, you could either work on site at our office in San Mateo, CA, or remotely from your home.
COVER LETTER REQUIRED – We want to get to know you, so tell us about yourself! We’d like to to hear why you’re interested in this role and what makes you a good fit for our team. Please include a memorable experience that you’ve had as a customer and what you consider the most important quality for someone who works in customer care.
- Support driven. You have a passion for problem-solving and enjoy being challenged. Helping others comes naturally to you.
- Perceptive and empathetic. You proactively anticipate customer needs. You can adapt your tone and approach to fit a diverse range of customer personalities and situations.
- Honest and authentic. You’re comfortable being yourself and genuinely enjoy connecting with others. You express yourself openly and respectfully, and function well as part of a team.
- Reliable and accountable. You’re consistent, dependable, and adhere to a set work schedule.
- You take ownership over the quality of your work and make an effort to improve.
- Innovative. You’re a creative thinker who can offer solutions to the trickiest conundrums. You bring compelling ideas to the table in an effort to catalyze positive change.
- Respond to customer emails in a professional, friendly, and timely manner to enhance our members’ knowledge of ipsy and create a positive experience for them.
- Manage sensitive issues while maintaining the highest level of professionalism; provide thoughtful, prompt resolutions with empathy and poise.
- Recommend solutions to complex or escalated situations through research and critical thinking.
- Share relevant, strategic insights with our product, marketing, and technology teams regarding overall customer experience and service-related trends.
- Strive to exceed volume and quality goals.
- Help with additional projects as needed.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years in customer-centric industry.
- Strong computer and typing skills, very comfortable with web-based applications and navigation between tools.
- Exceptional written communication skills with keen attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with ability to manage workflow efficiently.
- Willing to work one weekend shift per week.
- Experience providing customer support via social media is a plus.
Please note: If you’re contacted for an interview, the process may include written projects, video and phone calls, and/or onsite interviews. Although our hiring team may not be able to personally follow up with every applicant, we do our best to be as thorough and thoughtful as possible.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!