by Chris Durst Aug. 1, 2018
Lithium is seeking work from home Moderators to moderate interactions on online communities organized by enterprise companies for their customers.
If you have good communication skills (oral and written), a solid familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, and experience with online messaging, you might be interested in this opportunity.
People who are working (or have worked) in this role rate the job 4.6 out of 5 stars on Glassdoor. The company has not listed pay in the job description, but a quick search online indicates a range of $11 – $12/hour.
Oh, and the company offers benefits!
Here’s what the company has to say about this opportunity:
“You are an excellent communicator who is experienced with a wide variety of tools for online interaction, from message boards to blogs to chat to social media tools. You are a service-oriented individual who gets satisfaction out of helping others; yet is also comfortable taking a leadership role when needed. You are confident and would be comfortable interacting with everyone from executives to the general public. You are happy working independently and appreciate the opportunity to apply your own creativity to the job. You have good business judgment and skills or are interested in developing them.
What You’ll Do
You’ll be responsible for moderating interactions on online communities organized by enterprise companies for their customers.
- Learn Lithium Technologies’ suite of community tools, so that you can use them effectively and serve as a resource to Lithium’s customers.
- Monitor participation in online forums and take appropriate steps to ensure a positive experience for all participants.
- Work directly with participants online to get them the help or guidance they need.
- Collaborate with other moderators or managers who may be in place on the customer side.
- Develop weekly, bi-weekly or monthly reports that summarize activity in the community, provide meaningful analysis, and show progress against goals.
- Work effectively with a corps of active users who help support the community.
- Provide feedback on and assist in the implementation of strategies to keep the community vibrant and active with new programs, promotions, etc.
- Advise and guide customer personnel on effective principles of online community management and moderation.
- Attend regular meetings with internal staff as well as customers.
- Foreign language skills necessary depending on location.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer-literate performer with extensive software proficiency covering a wide variety of applications.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Required access to MS Excel and Word.
- Experience with online messaging services and applications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which includes weekends and holidays.
- Stable computer and reliable internet connection.
- Experience participating in and moderating online communities.
- Experience working with enterprise customers.
- Knowledge of general social networking and web services (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, wikis).
- Strong desire to learn and grow with the organization.
- Experience working with large teams and leading others.
Lithium offers a great working environment and competitive compensation and benefits packages. We’re looking for fast-thinking, innovative, passionate team players who enjoy brainstorming new ideas, working with the best and brightest in the social media software industry.
At Lithium we encourage our employees to be real. In keeping with this philosophy, we appreciate diversity and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, genetic information or criminal history.”
Click here for details and to apply. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Our Facebook members also share tips on how they got hired and their experiences with the companies we cover. See you there!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!