by Chris Durst Aug. 1, 2017
If you’re interested in political issues and you’re not shy about calling strangers on the phone, this job with NextWave Advocacy could be perfect for you.
Here’s what the company has to say about these positions:
“[email protected], a respected issue advocacy firm, is seeking telephone-based grassroots organizers for projects involving important legislative and regulatory issues. With your communication skills, you will help people across the country understand the direct impacts policymakers’ proposals have on their lives, and then assist them in making their voices heard. We are looking for tech-savvy, enthusiastic independent contractors to make outbound calls to identify advocates and affect political change.
The position requires making outbound educational outreach calls and conducting interviews with citizens across the country on various legislative topics. This project based work is part time or full time depending on your flexibility and availability. You choose your own schedule based on available project hours, work in your own home 20 hours or more, impacting the political landscape. There are NO sales and NO fundraising solicitations in this position.
At the end of each project we place our contractors on new issues based on performance, schedule availability and background.
Work from anywhere you have a wired internet connection and earn $12 per hour, working 20+ hours/week. Build your own schedule. Weekday, evening, and/or Saturday work is available based on the project parameters and calling time zones.
Contractors must have a PC or Mac computer, wired high-speed internet connection, an Ethernet cable to connect the computer to the modem/router and direct access to a printer.
Sorry, no tablet/mobile devices or cell-based data connections.
The right contractor candidates will offer:
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- A pleasant, upbeat, and professional telephone demeanor
- Active listening skills and an ability to shape a conversation based on the other person’s comments and interests
- Ability to absorb and retain campaign details from written materials and training calls
- An interest in policy issues and a general knowledge of the legislative process
- Ability to work independently and judge when to involve management assistance
- Keen attention to detail and ability to follow instructions with precision
- General technology proficiency
- Prior telephone-based work experience helpful but not required. This is not a telemarketing or fundraising role
Successful contractors enjoy:
- [email protected] convenience great for students, stay-at-home parents, and individuals seeking supplemental income
- Flexibility in selecting projects and developing a weekly work schedule within project parameters
- Interesting projects involving key legislative and regulatory issues
- Contract work with a company with deep experience engaging [email protected] talent”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!