by Chris Durst July 20, 2017
This position is remote, you can work from anywhere in the US if you’re available on East Coast hours.
In this position, you’ll be helping the company message and respond to their customers via email and sometimes via telephone, as well as a variety of other tasks. You will be working on their help desk (Groove), Slack, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, and other web-based services.
Here’s what they have to say:
“Museum Hack is a creative company that offers irreverent, renegade museum tours and cultural offsites to corporate and private clients. Founded in 2013 and having grown to over $2 million in sales in 2016, Museum Hack has uplifted the lives of tens of thousands of new museum guests. We work at renowned cultural institutions and quirky locations in New York City and other major cities to bring these innovative experiences to companies and groups.
Museum Hack has been featured by The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Post, PBS, TimeOut New York, Huffington Post, TEDx, and more. Beloved clients include private citizens, schools, industry groups, and large companies like Google, Lego, LinkedIn, and CitiBank.
- Use our help desk software to respond to clients via email (and sometimes phone) to answer questions regarding booking, invoices, etc.
- Manage difficult situations / unhappy customers and escalate when necessary
- Other customer service / admin duties as assigned
- Use our software to send invoices to clients
- Input and manage events in Google Calendar
- Write content for our website as assigned
- Various tasks as assigned
- Previous customer service experience
- You have a home office and prior experience working remotely
- Available to work Eastern USA time zone (must be available: 12pm ET – 6pm ET + every other weekend no later than 10:30am ET
- Must have nearly perfect written English skills and amazingly awesome spoken English skills. Creative writing skills a plus!
- Quick learner
- Detail oriented
- High quality work: You are an efficient individual who makes projects happen behind the scenes with a fine eye for details (in short: you get shit done)
- Technically inclined, able to pick up new things quickly: we use a lot of web-based services (including, but not limited to: Google Docs, Gmail, Google Calendar, Slack, Xero, PandaDoc, Base CRM)
- Flexibility quotient high: Things can and do change on a dime around here — you gotta go with the flow, and be ready to kick it into high gear at a moment’s notice
- Be fun and exciting without using too many exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!
- Authorized to work in the US
HOURS / PAY
- About 15-20 hours per week with the possibility of more hours
- Must be available Monday – Friday 12pm ET to 6pm ET
- Must be available every other weekend no later than 10:30am ET
- $12 to $15 per hour, DOE
- Many people on our team are remote and work from home
- Most of our Customer Service Representatives stay with the company for years, and move up to do really exciting things with us.
- CSR occasionally receive performance-based rewards and incentives
- Our company is GROWING! We are an innovative arts-based business in New York City.
- Find out more about us by watching our CEO Nick’s Tedx Talk.
NO CALLS OR EMAILS: We love that you are enthusiastic and want to learn more about the job or the progress of your application. But please, no phone calls or emails.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!