by Chris Durst Feb. 26, 2020
Amazon has posted new work from home job openings for Data Associates. These positions will fill quickly — apply or share ASAP if interested! No state hiring restrictions mentioned.
Update — Amazon received all the applications it needed and has deleted the job. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs. Good luck to everyone who applied!
Data Associates “undertake labeling functions such as transcription, annotation and dialogue evaluation on speech & text data to assess and improve Alexa’s performance.”
No college required. But you must be proficient in spoken and written English. Part-time or full-time isn’t mentioned.
Pay is not listed. However, we do know that Amazon offers a minimum $15/hour wage and Glassdoor shows a range of $16-$18/hr.
Here’s how Amazon describes the role:
Do you want to help change the way people interact with voice technology? Are you passionate about data and a problem-solver? Then we think you will like it here.
The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization provides data creation, curation, and analytics services to help develop, test, and train the Alexa AI. We work closely with Amazon Machine Learning (ML) Science and modeling teams, providing the critical data they need to improve Alexa’s speech recognition and language understanding capabilities.
Come build the future of voice recognition for Alexa with us.
We are hiring Data Associates to undertake labeling functions such as transcription, annotation and dialogue evaluation on speech & text data to assess and improve Alexa’s performance.
As a Data Associate, you will work on speech and text data. We value your high attention to details and your ability to adapt to dynamic changes due to emerging business requirements. You are recognized as a role model for your proactivity in identifying issues with efficiency and accuracy.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge?
Summary of Responsibilities
- Work with text, speech and other types of data and attach tags to the contents, at scale.
- Deliver high quality of labeled data, leveraging guidelines to meet specific key performance indicators, and
using in-house tools and software.
- Report issues with tools and software to the development team when necessary.
- Provide feedback for improvements to existing tooling that can increase labeling throughput and quality.
- Maintain strict confidentiality and follow all applicable Amazon policies for securing confidential information.
What We Offer
- Attractive and competitive salary
- Opportunity to work in a world class organization
- Benefits package
- High School or Equivalent diploma
- Proficiency in English grammar and spelling (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable working with speech from various dialects and accents of one or more of the following regional languages- English
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office with good typing speed (> 40 wpm and >90% accuracy), including basic troubleshooting with the ability to utilize proprietary tools.
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Proven record of delivery of performance metrics in an Operations environment.
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Excellent communication skills, highly collaborative team player
- Effective time management
- Be self-motivated and take initiative
- Ability to respond positively to working in a demanding environment”
Click here to learn more and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!