by Chris Durst Jan. 2, 2018
Apple job openings always fill quickly – apply and share quickly!
Update – 2:47pm ET – Yep, these went fast. Apple has removed the job listings for English-speaking and Bilingual Spanish At-Home Chat Specialists. (Bilingual French still listed.) For more work from home chat jobs, click here. Good luck to everyone who applied!
Apple is now hiring At-Home Retail Contact Center (RCC) Chat Sales Specialists!
Although the job listing indicates a particular area, the job description clearly states, “Chat Sales Specialists will work out of their homes and can reside anywhere in the United States.”
Pay is not listed on the Apple site but, according to Glassdoor, “The typical Apple Sales Specialist salary is $15. Sales Specialist salaries at Apple can range from $10-$20.”
“The Chat Sales Specialist will provide exceptional chat support to customers who have order status questions or require changes to their orders. You must be able to translate tech-speak, billing, shipping and eCommerce jargon into everyday, understandable terms. You will also need to leverage multiple sources of information to stay current on product features, technology changes and events that affect customers. This is a fast-paced, performance-based environment where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed. Other responsibilities may include Personal Setup which includes positioning, demonstrating, and sharing features of Apple products during a live demo.”
Here’s what Apple has to say about these positions:
“Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there’s no telling what you could accomplish.
The Retail Contact Center (RCC) team is looking for motivated, outgoing, service-minded individuals who want to offer Apple customers an unparalleled experience over the phone.
Chat Sales Specialists will work out of their homes and can reside anywhere in the United States.
- 1+ years of proven experience in a customer service environment
- Customer-focused, detailed-oriented individuals
- Creative problem solvers
- Comfortable working with ambiguity
- Has excelled in a customer facing environment
- Has experience with both Mac and PC
- Can translate ‘tech speak’ into everyday, written, understandable terms
- Strong comprehension skills (adaptive writing, active reading)
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in high-stress/fast-paced work environment
- Drive for results, demonstrates high degree of drive and determination;
Adaptive and flexible to changing technologies, process and environments
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Complex problem-solving capacity (problem solving skills)
- Strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable providing live demos with customers on video
- Proven sales and/or customer service success
- Flexibility to support sales chat and sales phone when needed
- Ability to type in excess of 45 WPM with 95%+ accuracy
- Must be able to work a schedule from 7:00 am to 11pm (Central) within a 7-day work week, including holidays, with additional flexibility during high volume times of the year
- Undergraduate degree preferred [but not required]
Is being an At-Home Specialist a great fit for you? Consider the following questions:
- Do you have a private workspace in your house with a door, where ambient noise can be minimized during work hours?
- Do you have a private workspace with a desk and chair? Does this workspace allow for the proper installation of your technical equipment?
- Do you have, or are you able to get, an analog or digital phone line that can be dedicated to business calls? (monthly allowance provided by Apple)
- Do you have, or are you able to get, high-speed internet service meeting minimum bandwidth requirements of 10 mbps downstream and 2 mbps upstream? (monthly allowance provided by Apple)
- Are you a self-starter who is comfortable in an environment remote from co-workers and managers?”
Click here for details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!