By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Sept. 9, 2019
Work from Home Chat Jobs – HS Diploma + 6 Months’ Customer Service Experience – Paid Virtual Training $12-$14/Hr. – “Earning Potential $15-$17/Hr.” – $500 Tenure Bonus
KellyConnect has reopened hiring for work from home Chat Reps. Many RRRebels have been hired at KC over the years. Employee reviews on Glassdoor give them 3.4 stars out of 5. The last time they were hiring, the positions were full-time. But that may have changed; we’ll update here if we get more detail.
Reportedly not hiring from AK, CA, DC, HI, NY, NJ, or the city of Seattle, WA. (With thanks to RRRebels Kanika J. and Eric G. for the tips!)
The job listing mentions phones, but according to one of our FB members who works there, “You can get demoted to phones if you do not do well in chat, or if there are no chat shifts left they will give you the chance to move to phones.”
Per the company, the job includes paid virtual training at $12-$14 an hour. “Earning potential of $15-$17/hr.” After 90 days you’re eligible for a $500 tenure bonus.
You don’t need a tech background, though the official title of the role is Chat Technical Support Advisor.
Here’s what the company has to say about these positions:
Our Chat Technical support Advisors provide customer service to resolve technology questions, challenges and problems through a series of trouble shooting activities in a virtual call center environment. Common solutions include resolving username and password problems, data sharing & synchronization, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software configuration and set up, power cycling devices, navigating customers through application menus, and troubleshooting email issues. This is a performance based organization where all calls are recorded, monitored, and coached on a daily basis. You will be responsible for support of computers, operating systems and mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, and MP3 players).
Perks of joining KellyConnect:
- Paid training at $12-$14/hr
- Advisor earning potential of $15-$17/hr
- After 90 days Advisors are eligible for a one-time $500 tenure bonus
- Explosive growth opportunities into departments such as Leadership, Quality Assurance, and Training
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
• Interact with customers in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
• Gather customer/product information and determine the issue by analyzing the symptoms
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues involving internet connectivity, email, application downloads, and more
• Research using available resources, including article database systems
• Complete required training to stay current with system information, changes, and updates
• Responsible for taking two customer chats, up to 3 during peak volumes
• Participate in frequent 1:1/classroom video coaching sessions with leadership
• Exemplary attendance and punctuality
Skill and Knowledge Qualifications:
• Proper phone and chat etiquette, including using client verbiage and positive positioning
• Ability to speak and type clearly and accurately, using proper grammar
• Ability to multitask during customer calls (logging of case notes using tools provided)
• Skilled at responding to multiple chat conversations simultaneously, including messages from your team,
leadership, and support groups, like Quality Assurance
• Experience with mobile devices (smartphones, tablets, mp3 players)
• Ability to empathize with customers, making them the primary focus of your actions, then tailoring
communication to each caller
• Openness to constructive coaching and ability to implement performance improvement recommendations
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to adjust to changes in technology, processes, and team structures
• Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure, job ambiguity, escalated customer calls); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization
• Sets high standards of performance for self, assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks
To go to the jobs and to apply, click here. The job title is “Chat Technical Support Representative.” (Also referred to as “Advisor.”) For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!