By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Feb. 18, 2020
Work from Home Chat Jobs – HS Diploma + 6 Months’ Customer Service Experience – Paid Virtual Training $13.50/Hr., Then to $14.50/Hr.
Apply or share quickly if interested — these usually fill fast.
Update Feb. 21 — Looks like KellyConnect received all the applications it needed and has removed the job listing. We’ll post again when they resume hiring. Good luck to everyone who applied!
KellyConnect has reopened hiring for work from home Chat Reps. Many RRRebels have been hired at KC over the years. Employee reviews on Glassdoor give them 3.5 stars out of 5. Not mentioned if these are part-time or full-time positions — sometimes both are available — but we’ll update here if we get more detail.
Reportedly not hiring from AK, CA, DC, HI, NY, NJ, or the city of Seattle, WA. But that’s not official. (With thanks to RRRebels Kanika J. and Eric G. for the tips!)
Last time, a $500 tenure bonus after 90 days was mentioned. Not sure if that’s still offered — this listing doesn’t mention it — but we’ll update if we hear!
Per the company, the job includes paid virtual training at $13.50/hr., then to $14.50/hr. after 90 days. “Earning potential up to $17/hr.”
Here’s what the company has to say about these positions:
Our Chat Technical support Advisors provide customer service to resolve technology questions, challenges and problems through a series of trouble shooting activities in a virtual call center environment. Common solutions include resolving username and password problems, data sharing & synchronization, uninstalling/reinstalling basic software applications, verifying proper hardware and software configuration and set up, power cycling devices, navigating customers through application menus, and troubleshooting email issues. This is a performance based organization where all chats and calls are recorded, monitored, and coached on a daily basis. You will be responsible for support of computers, operating systems and mobile devices (smart phones, tablets, and MP3 players).
Perks of joining KellyConnect:
• Paid training at $13.50
• Increase of $1.00 after 90 days
• Advisor earning potential up to $17/hr
• Explosive growth opportunities into departments such as Leadership, Quality Assurance, and Training
Duties and Tasks/Essential Functions:
• Interact with customers in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services
• Gather customer/product information and determine the issue by analyzing the symptoms
• Diagnose and resolve technical issues involving internet connectivity, email, application downloads, and
• Research using available resources, including article database systems
• Complete required training to stay current with system information, changes, and updates
• Responsible for taking two customer chats, up to 3 during peak volumes
• Participate in frequent 1:1/classroom video coaching sessions with leadership
• Exemplary attendance and punctuality
Skill and Knowledge
• Proper phone and chat etiquette, including using client verbiage and positive positioning
• Ability to speak and type clearly and accurately, using proper grammar
• Ability to multitask between customer calls and logging of case notes
• Skilled at responding to multiple chat conversations simultaneously, including messages from your team,
leadership, and support groups, like Quality Assurance
• Experience with mobile devices (mp3 players, tablets, smartphones)
• Ability to empathize with customers, making them the primary focus of your actions, then tailoring communication to each caller
• Openness to constructive coaching and ability to implement performance objectives
• Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Ability to adjust to constantly-changing technology, processes, and team structures
• Maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition (such as time pressure, job ambiguity, escalated
customer calls); handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and
to the organization.
• Sets high standards of performance for self, assuming responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks
To go to the jobs and to apply, click here. The job title is “Chat Technical Support Representative.” NOTE – Rebels report that it can be tough to grab an interview slot in the company’s scheduling software. They say that around midnight is the best time, and you may have to keep trying. We’ll post here if we hear more! For other jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!