by Chris Durst June 29, 2020
U-Haul just announced that it’s hiring more seasonal Roadside Assistance Agents.
Summer is a major moving season, so they’re ramping up to meet the demand. In this role, you will be helping renters when they call in with questions about or problems with their U-Haul vehicle. “Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.”
Pay is not listed, but Glassdoor places it at $12-$15/hour.
No states are excluded in the listing.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a Roadside Assistance Agent! This is a seasonal/temporary position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
Roadside Assistance Agent’s take back-to-back calls from customers who are needing immediate assistance. Agents handle incoming calls and initiate outbound calls to customers and roadside assistance service providers. U-Haul Roadside Assistance works hard to ensure our customer’s safety and experience is handled with professionalism, care and support. At times, unexpected hurdles arise that warrant our Roadside Assistance team to step in and guide our customer back en route to their destination.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
What is the Seasonal Position?
- Temporary, summer job. Summer is our busiest time helping customers!
- Position available now with an end date no later than Sunday, September 6, 2020.
- We can be flexible with the end date but must be able to work at least 8 weeks.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Be available to work up to 40 hours per week, overtime may be available.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Five-day work week – one day off during the week and one day off on the weekend.
- Be available to work between 8 am-6 pm (all in Arizona time).
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!