by Chris Durst Feb. 1, 2021
Please Note — The last time we posted this job it filled quickly, so apply or share ASAP if interested.
Update Feb. 2 – As expected, these openings filled quickly. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. Good luck to everyone who applied!
The Hartford has posted NEW openings for Remote Call Center Customer Services positions.
No state limitations are noted in the ad, however, their previous listing indicated they are available in CT, PA, GA, FL, MD, NC & SC. (We will update this information as more details become available.)
Start Date: April 12, 2021
No college required.
Pay $16/hr.-$18/hr. per online reviews (not official).
As with many insurance companies, The Hartford also offers comprehensive benefits.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you’ve landed in the right place.
As a Customer Service Representative at The Hartford, your primary role is to provide service to policyholders and claimants in response to notice of auto physical damage, workers’ compensation and property losses. You will work with customers in taking new losses, resolving/answering problems, responding to information requests, and processing minor claims.
This is an entry level position in our dynamic claims contact center and provides excellent career pathways into our claims organization. With a detailed road map for learning opportunities and managers who are trained to coach and guide toward career development, you will be equipped with the right tools to build a long-lasting and evolving professional career.
- Start date is April 12, 2021
- Training Hours are Mon-Fri, 10:30 AM to 7:00 PM EST for the first 6 weeks of employment.
- After training, shifts offered will be Mon-Fri, 10:30 AM- 7:00 P.M EST or 12:00 PM. – 8:30 P.M. EST, year round.
- Be the first point of contact to our policyholder’s, explaining the claims process, initiating damage appraisal and organizing car rental where appropriate
- Initiate claims according to claims best practices, as assigned and provide exceptional customer service
- Utilize multiple computer applications to accurately document claim information
- Take ownership to ensure that we go above and beyond to service each caller’s needs, utilizing every touch point as an opportunity to build value and The Hartford brand.
- Be provided with 6 weeks of paid training as well as ongoing coaching and development to ensure your success
- A demonstrated background in customer service, insurance, retail, restaurant or a related field
- Excellent communication skills with strong ability to empathize with customers
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working in a Windows-based computer environment
- The ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills and have a strong attention to detail.
- You use excellent verbal and written communication skills (bilingual – Spanish/English is a plus) to develop and enhance strong impactful customer relationships.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree a plus
This is a 100% remote, work from home opportunity.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training. You should have no schedule conflicts during training.
Internet Connectivity Requirement/Remote Positions: For 100% remote positions, we require that (1) you have high speed broadband cable internet service with minimum upload/download speeds of 3Mbps/30Mbps and (2) your Internet provider supplied device is to be hardwired to the Hartford issued router and/or computer. To confirm whether your Internet system has sufficient speeds, please visit http://www.speedtest.net from your personal computer
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!