by Chris Durst Apr. 16, 2021
Update 4/19 — U-Haul received all the applications it needed and has deleted the job. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs. Good luck to everyone who applied!
U-Haul has posted openings for part-time work from home Overnight Contact Center Agents.
Pay is not listed in the job posting, however, we’ve heard from many RRRebels who currently work in this role — some report making over $14/hour while others report a starting rate closer to $11/hour.
They also offer some benefits to their part-time employees, including Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, and Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan.
Training is virtual and paid.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“If you are self-motivated and enjoy a fast-paced environment where you have the opportunity to learn and grow, then a job as a U-Haul contact center agent might be for you. Start helping customers as soon as the first week after self-paced and instructor-led education and participate in professional development with weekly coaching and ongoing education. This is a part-time position and is 100% work from home – perfect for students and teachers, or someone looking for a second job!
Contact Center agents take back-to-back, incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul products and services. Primary duties include:
- Assisting customers with quoting rental rates, sales and earning new business.
- Providing customer service to existing business, such as making changes to reservations, answering questions, helping with customer concerns, and taking storage payments.
Contact Center Team members …
- Follow specific methods and procedures while assisting the customer.
- Master required scripts and customer advisements.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Use good time management practices.
- Work well with others and are a team player.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
U-Haul offers its Contact Center Agents:
- Hourly base, plus sales commissions. Potential to earn $17-20 per hour!
- Work from home Contact Center career path available
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
- Proficient keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Ability to meet all technical requirements
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Be available to work between 7pm – 4am (all in Arizona time).
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
The following technical requirements must be met to work from home:
*Computer requirements and internet speed will be verified as part of the interview process.
- Have a non-wireless USB headset with a microphone.
- Have a web cam for use interacting with your manager. Not for use with customers.
- Have minimum Internet speed requirements: 10MB down / 5MB up.
- Check your Internet speed at http://uhaul.speedtestcustom.com/.
- Be sure to click the dropdown menu below the GO button and choose any server in Phoenix, AZ.
- Windows or Mac OS allowed;
- If Windows then Windows 10 is required.
- If Mac then Mojave or newer is required.
- Minimum RAM requirements: 8GB of RAM or greater.
- Minimum processor requirement for Windows OS: CPU score of 2000 or greater.
- To find processor name – right click on Windows logo (lower left corner home screen) and select ‘System’.
- Go to this website. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
- Type name of your processor in the space provided (do not copy/paste).
- The number in the first column is the CPU mark (this is your CPU or processor score)…
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset.
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet requirements.
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet or similar.
- Using a Proxy server or third-party network.
- Compute stick or similar device.
- Windows: XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems.
- Mac: High Sierra or older operating systems.
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop.
- Working in a public place or using public Internet.
- Unsecure Wi-Fi / Wi-Fi not managed by the team member.
- Running non-work-related programs while working.
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided antivirus”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. And if you’d like to see more Customer Service Agent positions, check our Customer Service Jobs page. Good luck!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!