by Chris Durst Jan. 13, 2021
“SHAME ON YOU, CHRIS!”
Every time I post these types of positions, I end up getting a handful of “shame on you” emails from people who are abashed that I would post a job that clearly states, “Must be willing to review offensive/mature content without being offended.”
Here’s the thing — well, actually three things:
- You will not be viewing exclusively offensive content! The company just wants to be sure that if you encounter it you can handle it.
- These Evaluator positions exist to help spot and flag the kind of content you find offensive from your searches — somebody’s gotta do it!
- If you don’t like a particular opportunity you find on the RRR site, don’t apply but don’t judge either. The job you scoff at may be perfect for someone else!
There, now on to the job! 🙂
At some point in time, most of us have had a seemingly-innocent internet search turn up some not-so-innocent content. Perhaps you were offended. Perhaps you were intrigued. Perhaps you just chalked it up to “people are weird” and kept on with your search.
Regardless of your reaction to such content, I think we can all agree that it would be great if our searches served up results that we actually need – skip the weird side dishes.
Well, there are companies that hire people to conduct searches and rate the results. They’re called Search Quality Evaluators and Sykes currently has part-time openings in the US.
They are hiring in all states except Alaska, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.”
Starting pay for this NON-PHONE work is on the low end – starting at $10/hour, however, you can choose your own hours so it could be a supplemental income opportunity for those who need flexibility. If you love the work, you can always beef up your income through their referral bonus program and earn a $250 bonus for every friend you refer once they reach 30 days.
Here’s what Sykes has posted about this opportunity:
“As a part-time Internet Search Quality Rater, you will enjoy the freedom of creating your own schedule while saving time, money, and the environment by working out of the safety and comfort of your own home. Want to work in your PJ’s at night? No problem!
Have you used a search engine and found the results did not match your criteria? In this role, you will help the world find exactly what they are looking for by evaluating search engine results for relevancy by performing web searches and rating the results you get.
If you are tech savvy, curious, analytical and love to learn, this is a unique opportunity to work with a premiere search engine company evaluating the quality of search results while gaining valuable work experience. Plus, the search engine training you will complete to qualify for this role is an impressive skillset that can be showcased to future employers!
Work with us and you will enjoy:
- Part-time 15-20 hour per week schedule that you create
- World class training that is virtual and self-paced
- Starting pay of $10/hour
- Earn a $250 bonus for every friend you refer once they reach 30 days
Note: Unfortunately, we are unable to hire individuals for this position in the following states: Alaska, California, Delaware, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington.
Apply with us if you possess:
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Your own PC (no tablets or Macs), hardwired internet, and an activated smart phone (Wi-Fi capable)
- Must be willing to review offensive/mature content without being offended
- Only one Search Quality Rater can be employed per household/IP address.”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs we post, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your work from home goals!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!