By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Jan. 25, 2018
Work from Home Jobs – Part-Time Test Scorers & Essay Readers Wanted – Starts at $11.70/Hr. – Paid Training – Non-Phone Job
If you’re looking for a seasonal side gig, Measurement, Inc., a testing company founded in 1980, is taking applications for part-time people to score student tests and essays online. Pay starts at $11.70/hr., with raises for experience and performance. Paid online training provided at the beginning of each project.
People are assigned work based on their background and schedule. Tests come from students in all grade levels. Many projects require essay scoring, the company says. Other projects involve tests for reading, math, science, social studies, or other subjects. Pay is by direct deposit.
In their words:
- Work shifts are Monday through Friday.
- Morning Only: 8:30 a.m.–12 noon
- Afternoon Only: 12:45 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Full Day: morning and afternoon hours combined with 45-minute unpaid lunch break
- Evening: 6:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
- You may work a Day (full or partial) OR an Evening shift, but you may not combine an Evening shift with a full or partial Day shift.
- You choose the time zone for your work shift.
What you will Score
- Many projects require Readers to score essays for content, organization, grammatical conventions, and/or the student’s ability to communicate and to respond to a specific directive.
- Other projects involve scoring student responses to test items in reading, math, science, social studies, or other subject areas.
- The tests our Readers score come from many different states and from students at all grade levels.
What you Need to Know
- You are expected to work no less than 4 days or evenings per week, Monday through Friday, for the duration of a project.
- You are also expected to work wiothin the same schedule every day unless a change in schedule has been approved.
- Each project has its own scoring criteria; therefore, we conduct paid training at the beginning of each project.
- Reader/Evaluators must be able to accept and apply the scoring criteria as directed and maintain consistent and reliable scoring results throughout the project.
- Reader/Evaluators must be willing to operate in a repetitive task situation while maintaining confidentiality and project security.
- Beginning pay for a Reader/Evaluator is $11.70 per hour.
- Reader/Evaluators will be eligible to earn pay raises with experience and proven performance.
- If hired, you will be asked to register in our payroll system and to set up direct deposit if you have a bank account.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent foreign degree verified by an educational equivalency agency recognized by NACES [If you don’t have a degree, no worries. We post jobs every day that don’t require one. For more jobs, just go to our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. — Mike]
- Completion of a successful interview and satisfactory professional references
- Access to a personal home computer or laptop, password-protected high speed internet access, and a safe, private work area that can be secured. NOTE: our project security requirements do not allow public computers or computers licensed to another business, unprotected and public WIFI or networks, or work stations located at a public place or at another place of business.
- Reside in one of the following states: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, ME, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, or WV.
- Measurement Incorporated’s work-from-home Reader pool is primarily made up of those who can’t reasonably commute to one of our physical scoring centers.
- The Remote Reader Center only accepts applications from those who have to train and score from home.
- You can only apply to one location for work. Applying to multiple sites may result in no work assignments.
- Remote work, scoring online from home, will be available from late March through early June.
- You must have a computer that meets our technical requirements.
Employee reviews on Indeed give Measurement, Inc. 4.2 stars out of 5, and 3.4 on Glassdoor. To go to the job listing, click here. The name of the role is Online Reader/Evaluator. For more jobs like these, see our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!