By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – March 26, 2018
“We need more work from home Transcriptionists!”
TranscribeMe — an established transcription company whose jobs we’ve often posted — just contacted us with hiring news. They’re actively looking for experienced Transcriptionists for a project that starts at $35 per audio hour and goes up to $55. These are independent contractor (“freelance”) positions.
Quoting from their email:
• We are currently hiring experienced transcriptionists
• This is a long-term project
• Each individual is responsible for completing various audio lengths within a reasonable timeframe.
• We are seeking individuals that can produce 99% accuracy
• Must have the ability to transcribe multispeaker files and familiar with speaker IDs and timestamps.
• Passing exam required – QuickStep Exam
The rate of pay starts at US $35 per audio hour with rates as high as US $55 per audio hour.
For background, this is from their FAQ page:
How does it work?
TranscribeMe uses a crowdsourcing system that works like this:
• The client submits their audio file(s).
• The file is split, varying on average between ten seconds and one minute.
• These chunks are then made available to complete on the WorkHub for transcriptionists like you!
• Once all of these pieces have been transcribed, they are joined together and pass through to the Quality Assurance stage.
• One of our QAs then adds appropriate timestamps and speaker IDs.
• Then, the file goes through final review and is sent to the customer.
Do I need any special equipment?
You only need a stable, reliable internet connection and a computer – we suggest using a desktop or laptop. We also suggest using headphones to better hear the audio. Since the work is submitted and completed entirely on the hub, there is no further equipment or investment required!
Are there any fees involved in training or registering?
There are absolutely no fees involved in the training or registration.
How do Transcriptionists receive payment for their work?
Each member has their own WorkHub account. The monies owed are applied to their account in US dollars. They are able to withdraw each week to a nominated PayPal account. Please note that PayPal is the only method of payment currently available.
Do I have to work a minimum number of hours each week, and is there guaranteed work available?
Transcriptionists are able to work a flexible working schedule with no minimum or maximum number of hours, if there is work available at the time. Unfortunately, we are not able to guarantee work on a daily basis.
For more detail and to apply, click here. For more jobs like these, see our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page, and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!