by Chris Durst June 18, 2020
U-Haul has posted openings for Seasonal Contact Center Agents. While you do NOT have to live in Arizona, you do have to be available to work AZ time zone hours.
Summer is the busiest season for U-Haul and this round of hiring is to fill their needs during that time. These seasonal positions start NOW and will end no later than September 6th.
Pay is not listed however, both Glassdoor and Indeed place it in the $11-$13/hour range.
No geographical exclusions listed.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a Contact Center Agent! This is a seasonal/temporary position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
Contact Center Agent’s take back-to-back, incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul related products and services like truck, trailer, towing and storage rentals. Agents assist customers with quoting rental rates, sales and earning new business. Agents also assist with customer service related to existing business, like making changes to reservations, answering questions, helping with customer concerns and taking storage payments.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
What is the Seasonal Position?
- Temporary, summer job. Summer is our busiest time helping customers!
- Position available now with an end date no later than Sunday, September 6, 2020.
- We can be flexible with the end date but must be able to work at least 8 weeks.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Be available to work up to 40 hours per week, overtime may be available.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Five-day work week – one day off during the week and one day off on the weekend.
- Be available to work between 9 am-7 pm (all in Arizona time):
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.”
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!