By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Updated Sept. 27, 2018
Update Sept. 27 — Still recruiting for these openings. If you decide to apply, good luck!
Recently we posted about Unum’s Customer Service openings for folks who live in the Pacific and Mountain time zones. Now the company is hiring again from the Eastern and Central time zones. Average total pay is $31,000 per employee reviews online. The reported range without cash bonuses is $30,500 to $32,000. However, Unum hasn’t confirmed this.
The company PROVIDES EQUIPMENT and BUSINESS CLASS INTERNET.
Here’s how they describe the position:
Looking for a company that makes an impact? Unum and Colonial Life are committed to protecting the financial well being of our customers through our benefit offerings… Customer issue resolution is a priority and we strive to resolve issues on the first call… This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
- Follow documented processes/workflow while looking for ways to reduce customer effort
- Meet or exceed individual performance goals
- Accurately navigate through various system platforms
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
- Share process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
- Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST
- May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the drive to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency essential
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in the Eastern/ Central Time Zones.
- Must have access to a broadband cable internet service provider.
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards.
Our training and development programs will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Specialists are typically promoted within or outside of the department during their first 12-18 months. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Options to work from home
- Potential to move into a hybrid position after your first year of employment, allowing you to split your time between the Customer Contact Center and another participating department
- Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and management roles within the department
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Onsite fitness and dining facilities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
To go to the jobs, click here. Then click on “View Open Positions,” then search with keyword “remote” without quotes. Their jobs pages have been loading slowly lately, so you may have to check back later. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!