By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – July 10, 2018
Recently we posted about Unum’s Customer Service openings in the Pacific and Mountain time zones. Now the company is hiring in the Eastern and Central time zones. Average total pay is $31,000 per employee reviews online. The reported range without cash bonuses is $30,500 to $32,000. However, Unum hasn’t confirmed this.
The company PROVIDES EQUIPMENT and BUSINESS CLASS INTERNET.
Here’s how they describe the position:
Looking for a company that makes an impact? Unum and Colonial Life are committed to protecting the financial well being of our customers through our benefit offerings. As a Virtual Customer Service Specialist, you will be the first point of contact for our customers and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences as you act in the best interest of the customer; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity. Customer issue resolution is a priority and we strive to resolve issues on the first call. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and work with multiple system applications and administrative processes, as you ensure a seamless experience for our external customers and internal business partners. This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
— Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
— Follow documented processes/workflow while looking for ways to reduce customer effort
— Meet or exceed individual performance goals
— Accurately navigate through various system platforms
— Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
— Share process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
— Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
— Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
— May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the drive to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency essential
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in the Eastern or Central Time Zone
- Must be serviceable by a broadband cable internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
Our training and development programs will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Specialists are typically promoted within or outside of the department during their first 12-18 months. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Potential to move into a hybrid position after your first year of employment, allowing you to split your time between the Customer Contact Center and another participating department
- Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and management roles within the department
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Onsite fitness and dining facilities
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!