By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Jan. 9, 2019
Work from Home Customer Service Specialists – Pacific or Mountain Time Zone – Benefits on Day One
Update Jan. 10 — Looks like Unum received all the applications it needs and removed the listing. They continue to hire from the Phoenix and Las Vegas areas. (Just follow the instructions below.) In the meantime, you’ll find many more leads on our Daily Jobs & Side Gigs page. Enjoy!
If you’d like to work from home for a larger, established company with benefits, the insurance giant Unum is looking for more f/t Customer Service Specialists who live in the Pacific or Mountain time zone.
The company provides equipment and business class internet. Benefits included (from your first day at work).
Unum doesn’t mention pay, but employee reviews on Glassdoor put it at around $32,000. We thought that sounded a bit high, although one of our readers emailed us:
“Regarding the salary for the UNUM positions, $32K is actually very close to the annual salary being offered. I know someone who was hired on with them back in May. The person is working 40 hours/wk at appx $15/hr – that averages out to be $31,200 gross salary. It’s one of the best paying, non-college degree remote jobs out there!”
Here’s how Unum describes the position:
Looking for a company where you can make an impact? As a Customer Service Representative I, you will be the first point of contact for our inbound customers calls and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity.
This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths and the environment to be your best you here.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
— Respond to external customers inquiries with timely and accurate information
— Follow documented processes/workflow while looking for ways to reduce customer effort
— Meet or exceed individual performance goals
— Accurately navigate through various system platforms
— Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards
— Share process improvements to enhance customer service and/or efficiency
— Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance
— Shifts may vary outside the standard 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
— May perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Strong customer service skills with the drive to meet/exceed customer needs
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes
- Ability to make sound business decisions, with attention to detail
- Computer proficiency essential
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually
- Solution oriented individual demonstrating critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in Mountain or Pacific Time Zone
- Must be serviceable by a broadband cable internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
Training and development: We will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Representative multi-level career path means you will be recognize and promoted as you achieve specific milestones. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Multi-level CSR Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and opportunity for leadership roles within the department
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
To go to the jobs, click here. Then click on “View Open Positions,” then search with keyword “remote” without quotes. Their jobs pages have been loading slowly lately, so you may have to check back later. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!