By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Aug. 19, 2019
Update, Aug. 20 — Just like last time, the openings filled fast and the job has been taken down. Good luck to everyone who applied!
New Listing, Posted Saturday – Apply or share ASAP if interested. These jobs filled quickly the last time we posted them. Work from Home Customer Service Specialists – Eastern or Central Time Zone – No College Required – Benefits on First Day
If you’d like to work from home for a larger, established company, the insurance giant Unum posted today that it’s looking for Customer Service Specialists who live in the Eastern or Central time zone. We assume the jobs are full-time, though that’s not mentioned.
The company PROVIDES EQUIPMENT and BUSINESS CLASS INTERNET. Benefits begin on the first day. Training is also included.
Unum doesn’t mention pay, but employee reviews on Glassdoor put it at about $33,000.
Here’s how Unum describes the position:
Looking for a company where you can make an impact? As a Customer Service Representative I, you will be the first point of contact for our inbound customers calls and a direct representation of our brand. You will have the rewarding job of creating exceptional customer experiences; ensure information is accurate; and operate with empathy and integrity.
This entry-level role provides a strong foothold into an organization and company with multiple career paths and the environment to be your best.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries with timely and accurate information.
- Ability to work a regular assigned shift between the hours of 8am-8pm Eastern, Monday through Friday (no shifts end after 8pm and no required weekends).
- Follow all documented processes/workflow to enhance customer service and reduce customer effort/operating efficiency.
- Utilize resources and tools to accurately respond to customer inquiries.
- Ensure privacy of our customers remains the utmost importance.
- Meet the expectations of the quality/productivity standards.
- Demonstrate a passion for the values outlined in the We are Unum value statements.
- Successful completion of Contact Center training program, including demonstrating on phone proficiency and passing required knowledge checks.
- Attendance in accordance with Contact Center attendance guidelines.
- Customer Service Representative I must successfully complete the Contact Center training program and demonstrate basic proficiency in servicing inbound phone calls after training.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior relevant experience, military service and/or college degree preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience and/or experience in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated commitment to meet/exceed customer needs.
- Ability to maintain reliable and predictable attendance.
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, structured environment, handling large call volumes.
- Computer proficiency essential.
- Self-directed with the ability to perform both as part of team and individually.
- Ability to adapt and work effectively in a continuously changing environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a high level of professionalism through a strong work ethic that positively influences the work habits of the team.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality and consistently meeting goals.
Requirements for remote workers:
- Must be located in Eastern and Central Standard
- Must be serviceable by a broadband cable or fiberoptic internet service provider
- A separate, quiet dedicated work space must be established at remote site for the purpose of performing work duties. This area must be maintained in a safe condition, free from all hazards
Training and development: We will provide you with in-depth knowledge of our products and a strong base for launching your career with Unum. Our Customer Service Representative multi-level career path means you will be recognize and promoted as you achieve specific milestones. Other career opportunities include:
- Monthly development time and ongoing training
- Multi-level CSR Career ladder that includes advancement within the role, mentoring, quality auditing, training, process improvement and opportunity for leadership roles within the department
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching to help you plan for your retirement
- Paid Time Off, holiday and leave programs
- Flexible Breaks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee assistance programs
- Business casual dress code
- Volunteer opportunities
- Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
To go to the jobs, click here. Then click on “View Open Positions,” then search with keyword “remote” without quotes. Then click on “Customer Service Representative I.” For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!