by Chris Durst Updated Nov. 2, 2019
3PlayMedia is recruiting contract transcriptionist / editors to transcribe recorded audio and edit imperfect transcription. Hiring nationwide.
NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY, but you must be able to type at least 75 words per minute and you will have to pass a series of tests to demonstrate your speed and accuracy skills.
All work is performed remotely, so you will need a good computer (PC or Mac) and a reliable high speed internet connection.
Compensation is project-based and is equivalent to $10 – $30 per hour, depending on your efficiency.
IMPORTANT TIP FROM CURRENT TRANSCRIPTIONIST: “I love working with 3Play! I’ve been with them for just over a year and I have absolutely no complaints. Here’s my best tip for new applicants! On the bottom of the application form there’s a list of GENERAL STANDARDS. DO NOT skim it – read it! The details provided in that section will help you pass their test. I copied the section and pasted it into a Word document so I could refer to it quickly.”
From their site:
We are looking for contract transcriptionists/editors to transcribe recorded audio and edit imperfect transcription using our proprietary internet-based software application. Since all transcription work is performed remotely, you will need a good computer and a high speed internet connection. As a contract transcriptionist/editor, you would decide which projects to accept, how much you work, and when and where you perform your work. To be a good candidate, you need to be able to provide expert transcribing services independently and be able to provide a quick turnaround on a finished work product (as a given project may require). In addition to the qualifications below, you are required to take and pass a series of proficiency tests to demonstrate your transcription skills prior to being engaged as a contract transcriptionist/editor.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent command of English usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Experience with computer word processing
- Typing ability of at least 75 wpm
- Proficiency with internet research and reference resources
- Ability to manage projects and work independently
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel or spreadsheet applications
- Strong technical proficiency with computers and computer applications
- PC or Mac
- Minimum 2.0GHz processor, 4GB RAM, 5GB available disk space
- High speed internet connection with a minimum of 10 Mpbs download speed for optimal performance (you can test your connection at a site like www.speedtest.net)
- Regular access to email
Remote – you can work from anywhere in the United States with an internet connection!
Project-based; equivalent to $10 – $30 per hour, depending on your efficiency.
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!