by Chris Durst Nov. 8, 2019
Westat is recruiting again for part-time at-home Telephone Data Collectors. No college required, no state hiring restrictions mentioned. These jobs don’t come up often, so you may want to apply or share quickly if interested.
Estimated pay is $11.97/hr. per Glassdoor reviews, but that isn’t official. Employee review ratings cluster between 2.9 and 3.7 stars out of 5.
Here’s what they have to say about these roles:
We are seeking experienced at-home telephone data collectors to conduct phone interviews on a variety of subjects,
such as education, the education, environment, health and transportation.
Candidates must be able to work 15-40 hours per week, during the following times: Evenings (6pm-12pm ET) and
Weekends (Sat. 10a-6pm ET, Sun.2pm-9pm ET).
– be 18 or older
– provide voice sample
– have strong computer skills
– have at least 6 months of prior survey data collection experience and/or at least 6 months of inbound-outbound call center experience.
– Meet the following at-home equipment requirements at the time of application:
• A wired high speed internet connection (cable, DSL or fiber optic only) with a minimum of 10 mbps download and upload speeds
– Connection must be hard-wired with Ethernet cable connection during working hours. Use of wireless routers, WIFI, not permitted
• Land line phone service
– Cell phones, Satellite internet/phone service – such as Dish Network
– Features (e.g. call waiting, voicemail, call forwarding etc.) must be disabled during working hours
– Long distance service is NOT required
• A corded telephone with a hands-free corded headset (cordless phones and Bluetooth headsets are not permitted).
• A reliable Windows – based (Windows 7 or later) PC computer, and ability to upgrade as security and operational requirements change.
• Anti-virus and Anti-spyware software installed with current and updated virus definitions
• Internet Explorer (IE) installed -most current non-beta version
• Up-to-date Shockwave and Acrobat Reader software installed (can be downloaded for free)
• In-home access to a printer
• A web cam with video and audio functionality that can be connected to your work computer (ability to set up a Skype account and install appropriate software for home work environment verification)
• A quiet private and secure work space to conduct interviews (does not have to be a dedicated office, but work environment must be quiet and secure during work hours, including training)
Any offer of employment may be contingent upon receipt of acceptable results from a post-offer background screening, if required for the position, based on the specific position which may include, for example, identity verification, employment history, or criminal records history.
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. And if you’d like to see more Customer Service Agent positions, check our Customer Service Jobs page. Good luck!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!