by Chris Durst Feb. 22, 2021
U-Haul has posted openings for work from home Roadside Assistance Agents. While you do NOT have to live in Arizona, you do have to be available to work AZ time hours.
In this role, you’ll be taking calls from U-Haul customers who encounter issues with their rented vehicle.
Here’s what the company has to say about this role:
“Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a Roadside Assistance Agent! This is a part time position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
Roadside Assistance Agent’s take back-to-back calls from customers who are needing immediate assistance. Agents handle incoming calls and initiate outbound calls to customers and roadside assistance service providers. U-Haul Roadside Assistance works hard to ensure our customer’s safety and experience is handled with professionalism, care and support. At times, unexpected hurdles arise that warrant our Roadside Assistance team to step in and guide our customer back en route to their destination.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
U-Haul offers its Center Support Agents:
- Train and work from home – various schedules!
- Contact center career path available including work from home!
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Be available to work between 12 pm – 8 pm (all in Arizona time).
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. To see more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!