by Chris Durst July 13, 2021
Blackboard is a US-based educational technology company that regularly lists work from home jobs.
Currently, the company has “Remote Customer Service Advisor” openings. They’re hiring from AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI and WV.
The pay rate isn’t mentioned. Online reviews put the range at $11-$16/hr. However, that’s not official.
Here’s what the company has posted about this opportunity:
“We’re looking for a Customer Success Advisor to help us push the boundaries of what education can offer through the power of technology. Education is our passion, and our team members bring that to work each day as they aim to advance learning in every region of the world. Blackboard is the world’s leading education technology company, providing dynamic products and services to the global education community. We’re focused on driving innovation in EdTech and working with our clients to create a smarter learning environment.
For more information about Blackboard and our career opportunities, please visit www.blackboard.com.
Blackboard Student Success brings virtualized support and technology-enabled solutions to the world’s most progressive institutions. We provide IT Help Desk and comprehensive Student Lifecycle Management services that improve student engagement and accelerate learning. Our platform gives institutions an efficient, financially sustainable way to deliver services through the enrollment and learning process. Our goal is to build a better education experience for everyone by extending institutional resources to meet the growing demands of learners.
Blackboard Student Success is hiring for remote, work from home opportunities with immediate availability and schedules that offer flexibility.
Blackboard is looking for talented Customer Success Advisors to join our team. Advisors work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and spend their time interfacing with students, faculty, and staff of Higher Education and K-12 institutions. Utilizing multiple technologies, Advisors identify, diagnose, and resolve issues reported by end users.
- Resolving end user inquiries by utilizing multiple technologies including telephony, chat, and web-based inquiries
- Striving for one-call resolution of customer issues while communicating appropriate options in a timely and professional manner
- Managing and resolving identified client issues for assigned customer accounts
- Documenting information into web-based ticketing system
- Searching and navigating knowledge base to identify appropriate resolution for client issues
- Escalating unique issues or inaccurate information contained in knowledge base to the immediate supervisor for resolution
- Projecting favorable image of the company to promote its objectives and goals that enhance client relationships
- Participating in internal training programs to expand knowledge and support multiple clients
- Providing delightful, efficient, and accurate resolution to customer inquiries
- Completing special projects as requested by management
- You must be able to work from home
- You must have a quiet, distraction-free work environment without any conflicting responsibilities during your scheduled work shift
- Your home office must have DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired into a modem/router via Ethernet (Dial up, Wireless, or Satellite internet service cannot be used)
- Must have either an ISP provided modem that allows a third party VOIP, or a personal modem and personal router without restrictions
- Must be able to wire company hardware directly into router which may not be more than 100 feet from the computer
- Minimum download speed 10 Mbps
- Minimum upload speed 5 Mbps
- Ping less than 100 MS consistently that is dedicated to workstation
- Strong computer knowledge, including the ability to accurately type at least 25 wpm
- High School diploma or equivalent required; some college preferred
- Must be 18 years old or over
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have knowledge of how to use a computer and internet applications
- Proficiency in MS Office computer applications, including Word and Excel and willingness to learn new technology systems
- Familiarity with education-related technologies
- Able to handle multiple job tasks at one time and escalate issues in a timely manner
- Analytical orientation with strong attention to detail
- Some level of higher education completed
- Customer service or contact center experience
- Previous experience in the education industry and e-learning technologies
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Blackboard is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.
This position is available for candidates residing in the following states: AL, AR, FL, GA, IN, KY, LA, MI, MO, MS, NC, NM, NV, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WI, WV”
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!