by Chris Durst Jan. 14, 2020
If you have a cool head under pressure and are great at working with frustrated people, this job might be a good fit for you!
Direct Interactions is hiring part-time Customer Service Representatives for Parking Information & Enforcement. In this role, you will be handling a high volume of incoming phone calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets.
In the case of unpaid parking tickets the motorists’ vehicle has been immobilized and they must contact the call center and pay to mobilize their vehicle. Agents on this program have the ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations while providing accurate information to upset callers. Agents must be able to handle and resolve customer complaints.
Currently, they do not hire workers in: HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, or Washington D.C.
The pay rate is $11 per hour minimum, $13.50 if all goals are met for schedule and performance.
The opportunity in their own words:
“Introduction to Direct Interactions: Based in Seattle, Direct Interactions provides contact center solutions using American agents that work from home. We are socially responsible in our business practices and seek to provide great at-home work opportunities for all Americans, including people with disabilities. Our clients rely on Direct Interactions to support their customers by telephone and email while representing their brands with care and professionalism.
About the Position: Your role is handling a high volume of incoming phone calls from motorists with unpaid parking tickets.
In the case of unpaid parking tickets, the motorists’ vehicle has been immobilized and they must contact the call center and pay to mobilize their vehicle. Agents on this program have the ability to remain calm, cool and collected in stressful situations while providing accurate information to upset callers. Agents must be able to handle and resolve customer complaints.
- Politely answering calls and processing payments
- Quickly and accurately dispense information to motorists
- Dispute resolution
- Show empathy towards motorists
- Inbound and outbound calls
- Accurate and legible data entry
- Be knowledgeable of HelpCenter policies and software- CRM, phone system etc.
- Complete assigned tasks from supervisors and others
- Additional duties not listed
- Legally Able to work in the United States
- High school diploma or GED required
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a virtual, work at home call center required
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- At least 1 year experience in a high stress call center environment (brick and mortar or virtual). Examples include: Collections, 911 dispatch/operator, taking calls for fraud line, roadside assistance.
- Laptop or Desktop Computer running Windows Operating System Windows 8 or Windows 10. Chromebook, Microsoft Surface, Tablet/ipads, Vista, Mac’s are not compatible with our clients’ software. Due to the discontinuation of Windows XP Support and updates by Microsoft Windows XP and Windows 7 are no longer supported by our client’s software.
- Internet Explorer 7 or greater required with Mozilla Firefox as needed.
- DSL or Cable internet (Wireless and Satellite are not compatible with our software)
- Current antivirus and antispyware
- Installed, operational firewall
Summary of Essential Skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills including grammar and voice quality
- Ability to remain poised under pressure for back to back calls
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with customer, show empathy for their frustrations or concerns and resolve the issue in a timely fashion
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal communication and active listening skills
- Ability to show resilience and tolerance to stress
- Treat all callers, technicians and coworkers in a professional manner at all times
- Documentation, data entry, organization and problem-solving skills are desirable
- Ability to handle detailed work with a high degree of accuracy and speed
- Computer literate and knowledgeable of e-mail and Microsoft Windows. Agents are responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting their own computers.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Function comfortably in a performance-based call center where calls are monitored, recorded and assessed
Shifts: Program hours are currently 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, however currently the only available hours are for flexible shifts between 9 AM-8 PM PST due to client demand. Agents must be available 30 hours each week Monday through Friday. More availability is welcome and additional hours may be scheduled at the discretion of the Scheduling Manager. Actual hours scheduled will depend on client needs, agent performance and adherence to schedule.
Pay Rate: The pay rate is $11 per hour minimum, $13.50 if all goals are met for schedule and performance.We promote from within- all supervisors and managers began in this Tier 1 role.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For the company’s FAQ page, click here. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!