by Chris Durst Sept. 2, 2020
U-Haul has just posted openings for part-time work from home U-Box Sales Agents. While you do NOT have to live in Arizona, you do have to be available to work AZ time zone hours.
“U-Box Sales Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers utilizing both the U-Haul toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL phone number and customers calling specific U-Haul Moving Centers across the U.S. and Canada.”
Pay isn’t listed. Online reviews estimate average pay at $12.84/hr., but that’s not official.
A number of cities and states are listed in the description. These may or may not be the exclusive metro hiring locations.
Here’s what U-Haul has posted about these jobs:
Do you enjoy working with people in a fast-paced environment? If so, consider a position as a U-Box Agent! This is a seasonal/temporary position – perfect for students, teachers or anyone else looking for a great summer job.
U-Box Agents take back-to-back, incoming calls from customers who need help with U-Haul related products and services like truck, trailer, towing and storage rentals. Agents assist customers with quoting rental rates, sales and earning new business. Agents also assist with customer service related to existing business, like making changes to reservations, answering questions, helping with customer concerns and taking storage payments.
Agents are expected to follow established methods and procedures, handle all calls expediently and efficiently, meet all quality-related metrics and goals, and above all act in a courteous and friendly manner while serving the customer.
This job might be for you if:
- You enjoy helping people and problem-solving.
- You like a fast pace starting day one and staying busy every day.
- You enjoy working closely with your manager and receiving daily feedback.
- You are comfortable learning and using multiple computer programs.
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate and use multiple computer programs at once.
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
- Clear speaking voice.
- General knowledge of U.S. geography.
- Willingness to incorporate feedback to constantly improve performance.
Training and Education Explained:
- Fast-paced, hands-on education working with your manager from day one.
- Self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
- Learn and begin performing some of your job duties with customers the first week.
- Build on your skill-set through on-the-job, continued education.
- Begin performing additional job duties with the customer as you learn them.
What is the Seasonal Position?
- Temporary, summer job. Summer is our busiest time helping customers!
- Position available now with an end date no later than Sunday, November 29, 2020.
- We can be flexible with the end date but must be able to work at least 8 weeks.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Be available to work up to 40 hours per week, overtime may be available.
- Total number of hours scheduled each week will be based on business need.
- Five-day work week – one day off during the week and one day off on the weekend.
- Be available to work between 8 am – 12 pm or 4 pm – 8 pm during weekdays, and between 10 am – 9 pm on the weekend (all in Arizona time).
The following is required to work from home:
- You must have a quiet, private work area.
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site.
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address.
- If you want to switch or substitute computers at any time, manager approval is required in advance.
CLICK HERE for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!