by Chris Durst Mar. 16, 2020
U-Haul has posted openings for part-time work from home U-Box Sales Agents. While you do NOT have to live in Arizona, you do have to be available to work AZ time zone hours.
“U-Box Sales Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers utilizing both the U-Haul toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL phone number and customers calling specific U-Haul Moving Centers across the U.S. and Canada.”
Hiring in all states/cities/counties except the following – CA, DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and Montgomery County (MD).
Pay is not listed in the job post.
Here’s how U-Haul describes the opportunity:
“Do you enjoy making people’s days brighter? Do you like the idea of helping customers from the comfort of your home? If so, consider becoming U-Haul’s newest U-Box Sales Agent!
U-Box Sales Agents take back-to-back incoming calls from customers utilizing both the U-Haul toll free 1-800-GO-UHAUL phone number and customers calling specific U-Haul Moving Centers across the U.S. and Canada. Agents assist customers who have an existing reservation or current business with U-Haul, including answering general questions about pricing, products and services, and making changes to existing reservations. Agents also answer general product and rental inquiries, accept tenant payments, as well as secure and schedule reservations for U-Box portable storage, U-Haul trucks, trailers, towing devices, hitches and storage rooms.
U-Haul offers its Center Support Agents:
- Train and work from home – various schedules!
- Contact center career path available including work from home!
- Part-time benefits include: Medical Reimbursement Indemnity Plan, Rx Savings Plus Discount Plan, Dental Plan, Vision Plan, Retirement Savings 401(k) Plan
We offer on-the-job education which allows you the opportunity to learn and begin performing some of your job duties right away while helping customers. This role offers hands-on education working with your manager from day one, and self-paced education at our very own U-Haul University online.
Center Support Agent Minimum Qualifications:
- Basic keyboarding and computer skills
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Clear speaking voice
- General knowledge of U.S. geography
- Must be available between 6 am and 8 pm, based on Arizona time.
- We need you to work at least one weekend day. If you want to work both that’s great!
- Working holidays is required. We are open and customers need our help.
A note about how we schedule: Availability to work that aligns with the business need may increase the opportunity to be scheduled more hours. We pride ourselves on being flexible with schedules, especially for students and teachers. However, if availability to work does not align with the needs of the business the result may be less hours scheduled.
- Hourly base, no bonus.
- Opportunity for base pay merit increases based on performance
- Opportunity for base pay increases when taking on additional job duties.
- The following is required to work from home:
- Quiet, private work area
- Dependent and child-care arrangements must be made as if you were working at a U-Haul site
- All work duties including education must be performed at your home address
The following are not permitted when working from home due to compatibility, performance, security, or other concerns:
- A wireless or non-USB headset
- A PC/laptop or Internet that does not meet the minimum requirements
- Mobile hot-spot, tethering, satellite Internet service or similar
- Using a Proxy server or third party network
- Compute stick or similar device
- Windows XP, 7 or 8, and Vista operating systems
- Rental, rent-to-own or public computer/laptop
- Working in a public place or using a public internet connection
- Unsecure Wi-Fi or one that does not meet with the other Wi-Fi requirements
- Running any non-work related programs on your computer while working
- Having any other anti-virus installed/in use on your computer while working other than the Company provided anti-virus software. This is a PCI (payment card industry) requirement
Exceptions: Hiring in all states/cities/counties except the following – CA, DC, Chicago, New York City, Seattle, and Montgomery County (MD).
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. And if you’d like to see more Customer Service Agent positions, check our Customer Service Jobs page. Good luck!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!