by Chris Durst Jan. 13, 2020
Work from Home Jobs – Assist Blind and Low-Vision People Remotely – No State Hiring Restrictions Mentioned – College Not Required – Training Provided
This is one of our favorite jobs, and the company is still recruiting.
Aira has developed glasses that have a webcam and audio built into them. People who are blind or have low vision wear the glasses and, when they need help, they push a button and YOU SEE what’s in front of them.
Now you, as an Aira Agent, can help them with shopping, reading email or computer screens, identifying obstacles on walking routes and helping them change their course to get around them, and so much more.
A note on pay and status — When we first posted about this job last year, Aira’s job listing mentioned a pay rate of $15/hr. The new listing doesn’t mention pay. We assume it’s still $15, but will update here if we hear anything different. These positions are independent contractor rather than employee, so no benefits are included.
UPDATE: One of our RRRebels just notified us that the company is not hiring from California, New York, Illinois, or Washington, D.C.
Here’s what the company has to say about this opportunity:
“Working as an Aira agent is unlike most jobs. That’s why we’ve developed our own training and certification process to ensure you’ll be ready and able to help our blind and low vision Explorer’s accomplish any task, from day one. Aira agents provide immediate information in order to accomplish any task as a team. From stopping for morning coffee on the way to work, to making that dream journey around the globe.
How does Aira work?
Aira is an information-providing service that empowers individuals who are blind or low vision to live with greater freedom and independence. We want you to join our growing network of Aira agents! Regardless of your current stage in life, becoming an Aira agent is an incredibly fulfilling career with a flexible schedule.
As an Aira agent you simply log onto our specialized dashboard from your personal computer at home and begin answering live video calls from our Explorers. Every day, the scenarios are varied and unique – you could help them shop, read books to their children, cook meals, or navigate to locations in their daily lives.
We are looking for:
- People who are enthusiastic, eager, and well-spoken.
- People who love to search the web and find the best, most relevant information.
- People who can multitask while remaining focused and calm.
- People who can work through complicated tasks and technical difficulties.
- People located in the United States.
- A personal computer, our dashboard is NOT compatible on tablets, Chromebooks or smartphones, and a great internet connection.
- Customer service experience.
- Must be a high school graduate, some college preferred.
- A quiet, private space to work free from family, friends, pets, etc.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- A minimum of a CPU 4 CORE.
- A minimum of 8 GB RAM.
- A minimum of 40 GBS available disk space.
- A Windows or Mac computer using Windows 10 or Mac OS High Sierra
- A minimum speed of 25 MBPS.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck in your next steps toward working from home!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!