by Chris Durst Feb. 10, 2020
MaritzCX (the “CX” stands for “Customer Experience”) is still recruiting part-time Market Research Interviewers to conduct telephone interviews. (The job is still listed among their active openings.) No state hiring restrictions mentioned, no college required.
Current and former employees rate the company 3.1 out of 5 starts on Glassdoor and 3.4 out of 5 stars on Indeed.
Pay is on the low side — starting at your state’s minimum wage — but the company awards performance-based pay increases at regular intervals.
In their words:
This part-time position will work out of your home to conduct Market Research interviews by telephone with various individuals, gathering valuable information regarding products, services and experiences that will assist our clients in producing a higher level of customer satisfaction. Successful candidates are expected to represent MaritzCX and our clients in a professional manner, providing the highest level of customer service possible. Successful candidates will interact with the customer and record data through our CATI system (Computer Assisted Telephone Interviewing). Successful candidates must be comfortable with the operation of a personal computer and be comfortable with data entry processes and procedures.
This position requires the following:
- Familiarity with Computer/PC/Telephone
- Clear speaking voice, good grammar, and strong reading skills
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Maintain a productive workstation that is quiet and free of any background noise
- Ability to read and speak English fluently and in a conversational manner
- Ability to explicitly follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to maintain a friendly, professional rapport with customers over the phone
- Adhere to the attendance policy by being punctual and working designated shifts
- High tolerance for repetitive tasks
- Maintain a team oriented, cooperative spirit
- Behaving in a friendly and professional manner at all times
- Self-motivated to uphold production and quality standards
This virtual position also requires the following:
- Access to a PC with the ability to open Microsoft office documents and access to Internet Explorer 5.0 or above, Safari or other compatible web browser.
- Broadband connection to the internet – Reliable and high speed
- Access to a stable and reliable telephone connection (landlines are preferred)
- Access to a secure, private, and safe workspace
- Access to a workspace that is quiet and free of background noise and distractions
- Access to a noise cancelling headset
- Active email account
- All technology requirements must be provided by the employee and must be maintained in good working condition. All costs to meet these requirements, including repairs, monthly telephone and internet charges are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by MaritzCX.
- We start at your state/county minimum wage/hr. Top performers can increase their hourly rate by $1.25 per hour over the first twelve months. Actual increase is based on individual performance.
- 30 day perfect attendance = $.50 increase.
- Other wage increase opportunities may be given at time of performance appraisals (first appraisals come at 2 month, 6 month and yearly after two years of employment).
- Schedules submitted weekly to work around any personal obligations.
- 20 hours/week requirement, 28 hours max.
- Weekends required. No exceptions, sorry.
Perks & Incentives:
- Direct Deposit of weekly pay checks each Friday
- Monthly incentive programs based on project performance – gift cards Employee referral program – gift cards
- Flexible weekly schedules that you create based on project hours
- Paid time off
- Paid training raises at time of performance appraisal
Click here for details and to apply. Pay is on the low side and it won’t be a fit for everyone. On the other hand, jobs like these can get your cashflow started, update a stale resume, and/or give you the work from home experience that companies are increasingly looking for. For more job choices, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. Good luck in your virtual career plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!