By Mike Haaren – Co-Founder Rat Race Rebellion – Updated March 30, 2019
Work from Home Receptionists – Answer Calls & Web Chats – No State Hiring Restrictions Mentioned – Paid Virtual Training + Benefits
If you’re looking for a part-time or full-time job with paid training and benefits, Smith.ai continues to recruit Virtual Receptionists. Pay starts at $10/hr. — on the low side — but periodic raises are given based on performance and how long you’ve been with the company. They also appear to “promote from within,” which is a plus. Pay is weekly. Includes virtual paid training and benefits.
The company gets 3.9 to 4.6 stars out of 5 on Glassdoor, which is higher than we usually see. Doesn’t mean they’re perfect, but that’s a good range.
Basically, the company provides Receptionist services (incoming calls and web chats) for smaller businesses and “solopreneurs.” They also hire Military Spouses, and contribute to the National Military Family Association and other military-support organizations. So if you know a Military Spouse or Veteran who’s looking for work, please share!
Here’s what the company has to say:
Working at Smith.ai allows you to earn income and grow your career from the comfort and convenience of your home, all while helping small businesses thrive. Work remotely, yet closely, with a team of receptionists operating around the country to answer calls and web chats on behalf of businesses. We promote a fun and productive work environment that is challenging, varied, and highly rewarding.
We operate Monday through Friday from 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. PST / 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. EST. You must be available 4 hours a day, 5 days a week (the more the better). Shifts are broken into 2- to 5-hour blocks and are scheduled based on the business needs of Smith.ai and its clients, as well as your availability.
- Answering calls and web chats for a variety of different businesses and professionals.
- Taking messages, screening new clients, booking appointments, collecting payments, and transferring calls
- Understanding caller needs and providing business information
- Being part of a team and contributing to continued excellence
- Great work ethic and professional demeanor
- Prior receptionist or call answering experience
- Ability to follow instructions and clearly summarize details
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Great communication skills and positive attitude
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This position offers an hourly rate. Our starting, entry-level rate is $10 per hour and is paid weekly. Periodic raises are given based on performance and longevity with the company.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Retirement plans
- Cash bonuses
- Paid training
We invest in our team members and support their growth towards career advancement in both client-support and management roles as their experience grows.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!