by Chris Durst Dec. 10, 2019
Note: This should be considered as an “extra income” opportunity rather than a regular job as projects may be sporadic.
Appen, a company that uses the human voice to create more accurate machine learning and artificial intelligence, is looking for Voice Data Collectors to work from home.
The role involves, “recording your voice while reading short prompts from an online phone application.”
Currently, the company is seeking applicants for the following languages:
- English (USA)
- US Caribbean (Cuba, Dominican Republic, or Puerto Rico)
- Central American (Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, or Panama)
- South American (Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Uruguay, or Venezuela)
- Canadian French
Here are some more details from the Appen site:
“At Appen, we work with 8 out of the top 10 global technology companies in the world to improve and optimize their products for users worldwide, including social media platforms, search engines, voice recognition systems, and eCommerce sites. The world of tech is moving fast, and since our founding in 1996 we rose to the challenge by becoming a publicly listed company and by building an international team that works in over 130 countries and in more than 180 languages.
Do you want to be a part of something big? Appen constantly seeks language professionals and speakers across the globe for different language-related projects. If you’re a Linguist or simply someone who can speak, read and write the language required, you are welcome to participate.
Your contribution will impact the content of different social media and eCommerce services that we use every single day.
You Might Fit This Role If:
- You are looking for a flexible work opportunity where you contribute to projects and grow your skills
- You enjoy working independently
- You want to do internet-based work from home
- You speak, read and write the languages listed below
- Or you have an academic and professional linguistic background
Flexible, but may vary on the project you’ll be assigned to
- Currently living in and legally permitted to work in United States
- Access to a computer with a sound card and speakers, and/ or access to a smartphone
- Access to a secure high-speed internet connection and a quiet workspace
- Good English comprehension
- Ability to work with applications, troubleshoot software, and execute instructions independently.”
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like this, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. Good luck as you make your work from home plans a reality!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!