By Mike Haaren – Co-Founder, Rat Race Rebellion – Oct. 21, 2019
Jackson Hewitt, the tax-prep company, is looking for seasonal Client Care Representatives. “Phone and/or chat.” No outbound calls. No college required; no state hiring restrictions mentioned. Full-time or part-time isn’t specified, but we’ll update here if we learn more.
How Long Does the Job Last?
The job has a “possible duration of mid-November through mid-April the following year,” the company says.
The pay isn’t stated, though online reviews say it’s about $12/hr. But that’s not official.
Here’s more detail from the company (excerpted):
DEPARTMENT: Client Care
POSITION TITLE: Client Care Representative 1 Phone and/or Chat
REPORTS TO: Client Care Supervisor
LOCATION: Remote – Work at Home
We are Jackson Hewitt, Working Hard for the Hardest Working.
NO SALES – NO OUTBOUND CALLS – ALL CUSTOMER SERVICE – FLEXIBLE SCHEDULES – A REAL WORK AT HOME OPPORTUNITY
In a world where the hardest working Americans are strapped for both time and money, Jackson Hewitt is on a mission to be their advocate. For many of our clients, the tax return is the most important financial event of the year, and the biggest paycheck many will receive. We would like your help in making their overall experience with Jackson Hewitt one they will tell their friends and family about!
The Client Care Representative 1 position is responsible for providing a world class experience to Jackson Hewitt current and potential clients by answering calls or web chats in a Work at Home Contact Center environment. You will resolve 1st Tier level interactions via phone and chat, or escalate to Tier 2 upon Client request or applicable resolution path. This is a Seasonal Position with a possible duration of mid-November, through mid-April the following year.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
• Use available tools, knowledgebase, and communication skills to effectively research and transmit accurate information with a goal of resolving the Client’s reason for contact in one call.
• Take ownership in assisting, researching, resolving, or escalating Client issues.
• Verbally de-escalate and handle difficult Client situations.
• Understand and implement new information and procedures efficiently and professionally.
• Understand detailed policies and procedures and explain these to the Client in a manner which is easily understood.
• Utilize multiple systems to access Client information, research issues, educate and solve the Client’s reason for contact.
• Accept and implement Quality and Performance Management Coaching / Feedback.
• Handle and hold secure confidential and sensitive Client information.
• Diligently and accurately document Client records and cases.
• May be asked to assist with other program support including email, web chat, co-browse, outbound and other support initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• 1 to 2 years of relevant Contact Center experience.
• Must demonstrate excellent voice quality, inflection and present a professional, courteous, patient demeanor and the ability to maintain a confident, friendly and helpful tone in conversation. Bi Lingual Spanish a plus.
• Excellent computer navigation and data entry skills
• Proficiency with learning new technology and system applications.
To go to the jobs and to apply, click here. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!