By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Feb. 6, 2019
If you have a HS diploma or GED and you’d like to work from home for a larger company, Sedgwick — which specializes in processing insurance claims — is hiring Service Center Associates. No state hiring restrictions mentioned. Benefits included.
These are full-time slots where you’ll be helping assemble the information needed to process claims, and expediting them.
Per employee reviews on Glassdoor, pay averages $14/hr. and ranges from $12 to $15. However, the company hasn’t confirmed these rates and the job listing doesn’t mention pay.
“We take good care of our colleagues through a comprehensive benefits package, tuned to their needs. Many benefits start on the day of hire.”
The job in their words —
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers’ requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Click here for full details and to apply. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!