By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – April 26, 2018
If you have a HS diploma or GED and you’d like to work from home for a larger company, Sedgwick — which specializes in processing insurance claims — is hiring Service Center Associates. No state hiring restrictions mentioned. Benefits included.
These are full-time slots where you’ll be helping assemble the information needed to process claims, and expediting them.
Per employee reviews on Glassdoor, pay averages $14/hr. and ranges from $12 to $15. However, the company hasn’t confirmed these rates and the job listing doesn’t mention pay.
“We take good care of our colleagues through a comprehensive benefits package, tuned to their needs. Many benefits start on the day of hire.”
The job in their words —
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To expedite the Customer Service claims application process; to ensure correct case assignment; and to act as a customer liaison in assisting the customer with the correct contact person to resolve problems and/or questions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigns new claims to the appropriate claims handler.
- Enters verbal and written application information that meets both the internal and external customers’ requirements accurately into the claims management system.
- Contacts the customer by telephone, written correspondence and/or the claims system regarding documentation required to process a claim, required time frames and claim status.
- Communicates clearly and professionally with the customer by telephone and/or written correspondence regarding all aspects of claims process.
- Participates in and maintains a quality service culture within the Customer Service Team.
- Attendance during scheduled work hours is required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization’s quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
High school diploma or GED required.
One (1) year of clerical or customer service experience or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Good customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies
Click here for Sedgwick’s job search page, then search in the “What” field with job ID number 017342192. For more jobs like these, check our Newest Jobs & Gigs page. To be the first to hear about jobs like these, like our Facebook page. May you be working from home soon!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!