by Chris Durst Oct. 25, 2016
Verbal Ink transcriptionists transcribe audio from academic institutions, news organizations, and a myriad of government and private entities. These clients expect that transcriptionists possess general knowledge of current events and American popular culture.
They are looking for people who:
- can differentiate between the voices of several speakers
- understand people who speak with heavy accents
- can focus on voices when there is background noise
- always finish assigned projects on time
- understand the difference between “there,” “their,” or “they’re” and has a great command of English grammar
- are computer savvy
Work is contract-based and is paid by the audio hour. They don’t list the rate on their site, but according to information submitted by contractors to Glassdoor, the rate is about $10/hour (screen shot to the left).
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!