by Chris Durst Oct. 4, 2017
TaxJar is a tech company that makes sales tax filing easier for more than 9,000 online sellers and merchants across the world.
Their team is 100% remote and they are currently hiring: Customer Success Specialist, Tax Filing Specialist, Ruby on Rails Developer, Channel Marketing & Partnerships Manager, Digital Marketing Specialist, Product Manager – Core TaxJar Platform.
Hiring NATIONWIDE in the US!
The company has great benefits, including:
- Competitive Salary
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Company Retreats 2X Per Year
- Free Amazon Prime Membership
- Free Kindle or Fitbit
- Free Spotify Premium
- Monthly Gym Reimbursement
- Travel Incentives & Unlimited Vacation
- Work with Top Talent
- Above market-level equity
- Join a Profitable & Growing Company
- Mandatory Birthday Holidays!
- New Technology To Do Your Best Work
- $50/mo to Name Your Own Perk
- Company Surprises & Swag
Each position has it’s own job description but, since many of our readers are interested in Customer Support roles, here’s a glimpse at what they say about their Customer Success Specialist role:
“As a Customer Success Specialist you will:
- Provide answers to basic sales tax consulting questions via phone and sometimes email (don’t worry, we’ll train you to be a sales tax pro)
- Help customers get set up with TaxJar and learn how to use their accounts (either 1:1 or in group webinars)
- Troubleshoot SmartCalcs API questions, and help customers with WooCommerce plugin and Magento extension questions
- Categorize and quickly respond to customer questions and requests via email
- Track all customer requests and trending product issues
- Track feedback from customer education sessions to contribute to clear and simple documentation and support content
- Work closely with our product team to provide customer feedback and insight
We’re looking for someone:
- Approaches success from the customer’s point of view
- Enjoys teaching
- Extremely patient…sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain 🙂
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Has prior experience or interest in eCommerce
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
- We have a strong preference for someone willing to work 8-5 or 9-6 Pacific to support our customers in the Western time zones.
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you’re
- A pro at communicating
- Well-experienced working remotely
- Never tired of learning and willing to ask questions to quickly become self-sufficient in this field
- Looking for a culture that prioritizes shipping products and going to market quickly
- Confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re all peers here, no egos please)
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
- Excited to be part of the company leading innovation in the sales tax space”
Click here for full details and to apply. To be the first to hear about work from home jobs and side gigs, like our Facebook page and check your feed for our posts. Good luck in your work from home teaching plans!
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!