By Mike Haaren – Rat Race Rebellion Co-Founder – Dec. 30, 2020
Work from Home Jobs – Part-Time Seasonal Test Scorers & Essay Readers – Starts at $11.70/Hr. – Paid Training – Non-Phone Job
If you’re looking for a seasonal side gig, Measurement, Inc., a testing company founded in 1980, is again taking applications for part-time folks to score student tests and essays online. Pay starts at $11.70/hr., with raises for experience and performance. Paid online training provided at the beginning of each project.
“Applicants must reside in one of the following states — AL, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NC, NH, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI and WV.”
People are assigned work based on their background and schedule. Tests come from students in all grade levels. Many projects require essay scoring, the company says. Other projects involve tests for reading, math, science, social studies, or other subjects. Pay is by direct deposit.
In their words:
Important Information for All Applicants
- Measurement Incorporated’s work-from-home Reader pool is made up of those who have a computer, a secure connection, and can score from home in a safe and secure area.
- If you have worked in 2019 or 2020 at one of these 5 sites – Durham, NC; Greensboro, NC; Taylor, MI; Coldwater, KS; or Nashville, TN – please exit this page, return to the Job Portal and apply to the site that is nearest to you.
- If you have worked at one of these sites prior to 2019 or you applied to one of these sites but never worked, please continue reading and apply to this Remote Reader/Evaluator job position.
- You can only apply to one location for work. Applying to multiple sites may result in no work assignments.
- Remote work, scoring online from home, will be available from January through June. However, limited positions will be available in January, February and March.
- You must have a computer that meets our technical requirements. Specifications will be provided in the early stages of the application process.
- Measurement Incorporated requires all seasonal employees to have up to date I-9 Forms. New applicants as well as returning applicants that did not have I-9 forms completed and then verified by Measurement Incorporated in 2019 or 2020 will need to complete these forms in order to work during the 2021 Scoring Season.
- Work shifts are Monday through Friday.
- Morning Only: 8:30 a.m.–12 noon
- Afternoon Only: 12:45 p.m.–4:15 p.m.
- Full Day: morning and afternoon hours combined
- Evening: 6:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.
- You cannot combine a partial Day shift with an Evening shift.
- Some projects will not offer all of these shift options.
What you will Score
- Many projects require Readers to score essays for content, organization, grammatical conventions, and/or the student’s ability to communicate and to respond to a specific directive.
- Other projects involve scoring student responses to test items in reading, math, science, social studies, or other subject areas.
- The tests our Readers score come from many different states and from students at all grade levels.
What you Need to Know
- You are expected to work 4-5 days or evenings per week, Monday through Friday, for the duration of a project.
- Each project has its own scoring criteria; therefore, we conduct paid training at the beginning of each project.
- Reader/Evaluators must be able to accept and apply the scoring criteria as directed and maintain consistent and reliable scoring results throughout the project.
- Reader/Evaluators must be willing to operate in a repetitive task situation while maintaining confidentiality and project security.
- Beginning pay for a Reader/Evaluator is $11.70 per hour.
- If newly hired, you will be asked to register in our payroll system and to set up direct deposit if you have a bank account. Returning Readers should update direct deposit information if applicable.
- Submitting an application will NOT guarantee a position. Selection of Readers is based on prior experience as well as performance (accuracy and productivity), attendance, and appropriate conduct during previous projects.
— Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or an equivalent foreign degree verified by an educational equivalency agency recognized by NACES [If you don’t have a degree, don’t worry. We post jobs every day that don’t require one. For more, just go to our Daily Jobs & Gigs page. — Mike] — Completion of a Recognition of Reader Requirements questionnaire and satisfactory professional references
— Access to a personal home computer or laptop, password-protected high speed internet access, and a safe, private work area that can be secured. NOTE: our project security requirements do not allow public computers or computers licensed to another business, unprotected and public WIFI or networks, or work stations located at a public place or at another place of business
— Reside in one of the following states: AL, DE, FL, GA, HI, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, NE, NC, NH, OH, OK, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WI and WV.
PLEASE SHARE this post – turn your friends into Rat Race Rebels!